WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, February 27, 2016
sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
I saw a recipe for sweet potato lasagna some weeks ago and was intrigued, finally getting ready to make it yesterday.
But it looked boring. It looked dry. But it seemed like a good starting point!
I have always loved making lasagna, and buy good rice noodles now and make it vegan (That doesn't mean you have to)
I made sweet potato lasagna MY WAY, and it is naturally gluten-free, obviously, and can be made vegan or not.
The whole idea is, slice sweet potato instead of using noodles, DUH! So easy! Recipe follows***
Gary's sweet potato lasagna
-preheat to 375, grease an 8 x 8 baking dish
-slice some onion and veggies and sauté (I used onion, broccoli, spinach), then add about 1 1/2- 2 cups of tomato sauce--simmer a few minutes, you want it thick--make sure to add lots of spice
-slice 3 medium sweet potatoes thinly with a sharp knife, make 3 even piles
-mix about 1 1/2 cup of ricotta with some spice, like oregano and garlic (I make a vegan mix of tofu, nutritional yeast, soy milk, soy sour cream and fake cheese mashed together, but do what you want)
-lay one sliced sweet potato down to cover the bottom of the dish, then blob on half the ricotta, 1/3 of the tomato sauce next, then the second sliced sweet potato, cover with the rest of the ricotta, another 1/3 of tomato sauce then the last layer of sweet potato, cover with the last of the tomato sauce then sprinkle a ton of cheese on there
-bake 45-60 minutes!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- my mugshot Monday..
- sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
- "If you're not failing…"
- What Adele and Trump have in common
- probably best to start the day with a friendly fro...
- emerald flowers on Teapot Tuesday…..
- dreams of one kind or another….
- Even if it is NOT Mugshot Monday…. you can still p...
- a sickly cat...
- that shell sure does get around…..
- something fishy….
- just toss a couple of items in a blender and HUZZA...
- Beagles and corgis and frogs and dragons, OH MY!
- 8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an aweso...
- ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm hearts…?
- OK, so you missed Valentine's, but Easter is comin...
- gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assor...
- Godzillamonsterdinosaurdragon teapot
- truth in advertising
- Frogs for mugshot Monday!
- Super WHAT?
- are turtles anything but kindly?
- loving little boxes
- an utterly ordinary day...
- here be dragons….
- 55 and a mosquito...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)