Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, February 15, 2016

8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an awesome cup and saucer...

I have had, as usual, pretty entertaining dreams the last 3 days.  I remember one dream from each night: last night I was teaching blind students, as I did in the early 90s, and had some free time and was trying a new recipe mix for gluten-free bread and there was this magic packet of something clear and gelatinous that made the 8 loaves magically light and fluffy (my bread is already quite light and fluffy, but this was EXTREME). I dream of the time when I taught at Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind often.  Probably because it was so dang DIFFICULT.

2 nights ago I dreamt I happened upon a 7-9 month old puppy, mostly grown, all brown and similar in size to Penny, our beagle, but lankier.  The poor thing had been born with a half-size front leg.  It was the usual leg, just half the size it should have been, but like any dog, she was cheerful and happy and adapted to it.  I loved the puppy so much and brought her home to Penny and was relieved that she liked the puppy too.

And I woke up yesterday, the last image in mind a particular cup and saucer I have not made before…doodled it out and made it later that same day… you will, of course, hear more about it later….

For now?  A pair of vases….I love variations of this vase/bottle shape, don't you?  Have a great week!

3 comments:

smartcat said...

Great form! With froggies yet!
I see many different uses there. Wine carafes? Small vinegar/oil cruets?

Barbara Rogers said...

I wonder what lucky flowers will look down upon those froggies someday.

Lori Buff said...

Those vases look like spring time.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.