WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
teapot Tuesday and a terrrrrrible messsssss....
OK, a couple of things, right? First "Gary, you said you CLEANED your basement this month...but look at that MESS!". I cannot disagree, but the thing is this: imagine how messy it was BEFORE. My glaze materials remain sprawled all over. I mix glazes in the basement and store clay there. You can enter from the studio down some stairs or also through a door straight out to the back yard. I can mix glazes with the door open and then hose off the messy equipment in the yard. I hate mixing glazes, but love to glaze, so you endure, right? Even with all the SPIDERS in our 149 year old basement...
Then you have this teapot! Pretty, hmm? 3 things about it:
1) I think I need to be careful about decorations all this way and that, I am in the mood to simplify these sorts of things, despite my instinct to decorate the hell out of stuff.
2) This handle? Isn't it a lovely cane handle? I have told you I keep a box of 2 dozen+ handles for teapots, and then choose a nice match when the teapot is ready. I have had this one nearly 20 years, and whereas there is usually some fiddling to make a good fit, this handle slipped on like Cinderella's slipper... all those years, waiting for the perfect teapot!
3) speaking of glaze, I may (or may NOT!) have a nice upgrade to this pretty celadon glaze....that is one thing I was doing down in the basement...
Have a great Tuesday!
(new teapot by Gary Rith)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- mugshot Monday and MMMMmmmm, oh MY.....
- " boil thou first i' the charmed pot!"
- in which your S3XYHAWT blog host STRIPS DOWN TO *N...
- when words fail you...
- at THE PLAZA....
- PIZZA: it's what's for dinnah...
- Teapot Tuesday and twisted pizzas!
- mug shot Monday!
- ripply green...
- solstice OR midsummer dreaming
- "when free isn't cheap enough"
- a cat coffee cup is a pretty poor dog dish when yo...
- a posse of pitchers...
- teapot Tuesday and a terrrrrrible messsssss....
- mug shot Monday: slice and dice....
- why do I have to keep going back to high school?
- so THAT was Friday the 13th...
- in which I become a FAMOUS AUTHOR
- a dollar or 2 more....
- pitchers: career choices involving baseballs and ...
- a twist on teapot Tuesday
- my mugshot Monday... new favorites!
- Snowbird's Cottage
- starry starry night :)
- gluten-free rice tortillas from the beagle test ki...
- Penny = NO cancer :)
- the IDEAL
- finally: HOT!
- Socca to me!
- a favorite or 2...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)