WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, June 26, 2014
at THE PLAZA....
(new mugs by Gary Rith.... groovy different styles, hmm?)
I was at the allergist Wednesday getting a few tests. When I was a kid the doctor did the allergy test "he is allergic to everything" which is not too helpful, really, as you get older. It is like "now what?". One "what" seems to be throwing drugs at them, but I resist that as much as I can. What about behavior and habit changes where you can? I am pretty flippin' healthy, HUGELY healthy actually and feel good. I live with cats and dogs, and whereas my nose has run my whole life, etc, not bad in recent months. I tell the doctor I think that my allergies are nearly all gone, except for food problems, allergies schmalergies!
Anyway, if you know an allergy test, it involves covering you back with little pricks containing allergens, like maple, ragweed, cat, dog.
The nurse covers my back with 43 of these.... "whoopsie, that is your cat!" she goes gleefully... and dog and trees (plant pollens) and molds and dusts.... severely allergic to most on the list, allergic to everything. So much for allergies schmalergies... BUT, the doctor theorizes that my food allergies might be connected to pollen allergies. That is why you go to experts--who would have guessed that a strawberry or pineapple allergy is related to tree pollens?
ANYWAY, like I say, I am healthy as can be, but what do I dream???? I dream I am at The Plaza hotel in NY, and they serve toast and foods I have to avoid and... I eat them all. Then I spend the rest of the dream wondering "uh oh, what will happen...." . Kinda fun having tea at The Plaza, though :) Have an awesome Thursday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- mugshot Monday and MMMMmmmm, oh MY.....
- " boil thou first i' the charmed pot!"
- in which your S3XYHAWT blog host STRIPS DOWN TO *N...
- when words fail you...
- at THE PLAZA....
- PIZZA: it's what's for dinnah...
- Teapot Tuesday and twisted pizzas!
- mug shot Monday!
- ripply green...
- solstice OR midsummer dreaming
- "when free isn't cheap enough"
- a cat coffee cup is a pretty poor dog dish when yo...
- a posse of pitchers...
- teapot Tuesday and a terrrrrrible messsssss....
- mug shot Monday: slice and dice....
- why do I have to keep going back to high school?
- so THAT was Friday the 13th...
- in which I become a FAMOUS AUTHOR
- a dollar or 2 more....
- pitchers: career choices involving baseballs and ...
- a twist on teapot Tuesday
- my mugshot Monday... new favorites!
- Snowbird's Cottage
- starry starry night :)
- gluten-free rice tortillas from the beagle test ki...
- Penny = NO cancer :)
- the IDEAL
- finally: HOT!
- Socca to me!
- a favorite or 2...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)