WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, February 14, 2014
Valentine's Day = pairs?
Not to get into a tedious and heated discussion, but I was wondering how many LGBT couples were there....
is it hard for them today, all this hetero hooking up in the media? Or the kind of political hatred the Russian gov't displays towards their LGBT citizens? Yet they still get to host the Olympics.....
Or is it hard for the single and lonely or bereaved, etc? I think about this sometime as a person who is very solitary: humans seem born to pair up. Why? I need a partner and am very lucky to have mine. As a matter of fact, I think humans are very lucky to want a life partner, but as the saying goes, to conservative lawmakers or what have you: "whaddya say we vote on YOUR marriage?".
Yogi came over to play with his girlfriend, our Penny yesterday. She was like "honey, I love ya but I don't have a fine winter coat like yours, I AM GOING IN". He was a little sad at that....
And in other news, these 2 cups are a remake of favorites I made many years ago, chipped in our own kitchen cupboard! I am setting those in the museum now, and we shall enjoy their replacements this Valentine's day, his and hers, a seemingly mismatched couple :) Blue inside, green and blue outside, with a delightful meetup point at the rim, as you see....
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)