I feel pretty dang lucky most of the time. It has been impossibly COLD and snowy all winter. OK, maybe average for Ithaca, but Ithaca averages a lot of snow and cold. Manitoba is NORTH of North Dakota, and a whole LOT worse, but I don't live there, do I? So this seems bad enough...since Thanksgiving when we had our first blizzard! But yesterday?
SIGNS OF HOPE! A little sun, 42 degrees, I saw a flock of DOZENS of robins! They were skinny and trying hard to poke for food at a little thawed patch of mud.
Other signs of an awakening: I am not lazy at all, but it is always nice when a gallery or shop you like approaches YOU, ditto a good show. You love to be loved in this business, and in the last 2 days both an awesome shoppe and also an awesome show both came to me, yesssssss...nice start to the retail season :)
Speaking of which, buy some of my stuff, MOTHER'S DAY is coming!!!!!! New items at my etsy shoppe now!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
you are off to a great start for 2014, congrats!
This may be your best year yet! I've got my fingers crossed for you. :-)
Sounds like a nice day all around. I think you're one of the last people I would call lazy.
Live from Manitoba....We're actually above zero. Every time that happens, it snows! After the snow, ripping winds, temps plunge below zero F, C and anybody else's measurement.
Right now, post snow pre wind...it's a bit of a break. I'll keep sipping coffee from my beagle mug by Gary!
Robins! How lovely!
Post a Comment