Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, February 6, 2014

10-14 inches of whup-ass



I know.  More fell overnight.  I wonder if southerners last week, like Atlantans, learned the truth about snow:  pretty on a Christmas card, fun for little kids to sled on...but for adults?  Adults who live near Buffalo's snow belt?  Have we seen enough of it in our lives, at the rate of an average of 100-200 inches a winter?

EXCEPT when the monster storm is expected, you tell the wife you don't care if she has work or NOT she is gonna stay home and she does and you bake up a storm, give yourself this new pair of mugs, fresh out of the kiln (because it is FUN to give yourself gifts!) and bake bake BAKE pumpkin scones and peanut butter cookies....DANG, now that IS fun :)


4 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Sounds like a perfect snow day!

Anonymous said...

It seems that every inch of snow merits several pounds of baked goods...carbohydrates and cold blend nicely.

helen said...

Nice color - those cookies look good too...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I still love snow, but I can totally understand being tired of it by now if I was living there.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.