Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
pink and green and God's little jokes....
When I was a high schooler pink and green together were considered very preppy. I have Brooks Brothers argyll socks in pink and green! One of my favorite, as you know, pottery items to make is any light green pot with a pink pig.... oh MY I like this teapot :)
In other news, I dreamt all night that our young cousin was a pottery student making huge lifesize pots and sculptures, WOW. (she is actually studying business related something)
My imagination had her making the most intriguing items. Not to my taste, but huge and well done and incredible (funny to think my imagination spent the night forming work NOT to my taste or in any style I would work in...but then again, it isn't MY WORK, it is hers, right? Where do dreams come from????? God's sense of humor I bet!). I am standing there looking at her freshman work, made in her dorm room thinking "wow, 30 years and I have been doing this and my best is little teapots...."
(teapot by Gary Rith)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:19 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Preppy Pigs on Pots - love it.
Your best IS little teapots. As a lifelong tea drinker, I can honestly say I never lusted after teapots until I met you. :)
Post a Comment