WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, February 17, 2014
(tiny teapots by Gary Rith)
We had a young visitor the other day who noticed a couple of very small pots I had made a few years ago, one was 1" scale (1" to a foot) and the other a little bigger, no scale. The smaller at one inch scale does not work and is simply a teapot shaped item, the bigger does, the spout being big enough to pour through. I don't know how easy it would be to make a pouring spout which is smaller than a piece of grass!
ANYWAY, the visitor was curious about it all, saying that it is stuff Barbie could use, and a pitcher she saw the size of a thumb would be good for American Girl. I have no idea what scale those dolls are, but I made this yellow pair...one is not useable at one inch scale, the large holds a spoonful of tea and pours :) Have a great Monday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)