Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
that dog, this kitchen...
Well, you know her, you see her here all the time, and yesterday I showed you one cup and saucer with a beagle...here is another!
I ask the wife "you don't mind that I keep making test tiles...then hanging them up in the kitchen do you?" and she is like, bless her "it looks great!". I tried light glaze under dark and the results here are wildly good....carrying ON, have an awesome Wednesday!
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:01 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Yummy mug with beagle...and I'm totally voting for the right side tile. Cool variations.
Those are some happy beagle sculptures on the mug and saucers. The header picture of Penny makes me think she's winking at us.
I've been enjoying your blog, and I am a big fan of your work for quite a while. Now there is that nagging question which is burning my fingers for quite a while..
Why do you keep writing things like light glaze UNDER dark when I would rather say light glaze OVER dark. Is there something magical in glazing which brings hidden stuff from back to front or something like that?
Could you explain glazing for naive people like me?
Thanks and keep going forever.
haha, MY SECRETS...thanks for writing :) in sum, whilst keeping my secrets: I have 10-12 combos of dark whirled glaze under light to medium glaze and ...mmm...maybe 3 of the light glaze under dark.... it is funny, I say that because I know exactly what I am trying to do and how I am doing it, but your point makes me realize nobody probably has any idea what I am saying....but that is my best explanation, other than to say "doesn't it look great???"
I can imagine that your kitchen is going to look amazing when you're done testing and installing the tiles.
Post a Comment