Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, February 8, 2014
tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
A few winters ago the wife was out of town and I celebrated by getting a box of 5 raspberries for five dollars (not exactly, but fresh California raspberries in New York in winter are worth more than gold ingots). There are so few glorious raspberries you count them out: 5 for the wife's yogurt, five for my porridge, later 2 for a snack...and so on. They grow WILD all around our yard in summer, thousands for free, but there aren't too many blooming here now. Anyway, you can tell I love them and keep the California agricultural economy going...
OK, so one discovery a few winters ago was the RATINI. Toss raspberries in your martini instead of olives, pierce them slightly with a fork, forget the vermouth. OK, really, just some vodka and some raspberries! And sure, the drink is good, but the raspberries AFTER???!!!!!!!!
more on that bowl there tomorrow.....
In other news, Yogi came over as you can see, so nobody was bored for awhile...
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Absolut Raspberry vodka, some real cranberry juice and as many raspberries as you like, maybe a bit of mint and a slice of lime. One of my favourite summer drinks.
Yep, I am ready for cocktail hour!
I imagine the raspberries WERE delicious.
I made cucumber vodka in the summer following a link on Storey books. It was wonderful but the remaining shredded cucumber..bliss. So ya know..just meaning...I might try raspberry vodka next year)) Thanks.
I just hope Spike isn't driving. :)
Yogi in action….wow, look at the hair flying!
Post a Comment