Some of you will remember my parents have a small farm near Ithaca. It is in the middle of a state forest, so basically what they have, added to that, amounts to thousands of acres of meadows, trees, old apple orchards, pond and river, huge hills and glens and gorges. You may recall me picking apples off the old trees there last September, but they don't farm anything, except 33 acres of hay for another farmer's bedding in the barn. But there had been cows and the orchard was once young, still a very nice barn which my father uses as a painting studio.
And a tractor. They have a tractor. I havn't been on it in awhile, and they found this picture somewhere of 7-8 years ago: before I needed glasses, before we had Penny and when we had Buster and Jack our black labs... have a great Monday!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, February 10, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- the bowl thing
- wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...
- bamboo LUST
- when you HELP YERSELF...
- downward dog...
- breakfast with the computer
- GEMS and clowns....
- maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!
- "life is just a: box of chocolates, bowl of cherri...
- the GOOD thing about winter
- tiny teapots
- just needs flowers....
- "do ya like fudge???"
- Valentine's Day = pairs?
- what's black and white and red all over...?
- that dog, this kitchen...
- designing ladies' handbags...
- meanwhile, back at the ranch
- "life is just a chair of bowlies"
- tall fruity drinks by the poolside...
- NOT moving to Brooklyn or Portland....
- 10-14 inches of whup-ass
- pink and green and God's little jokes....
- speaking of DOGS
- THE LITTLE PRINCE, or the only guy in New York's T...
- Super Bowl: who invited all these tacky people????
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Oh yeah, I can totally see you playing on a tractor.
Thanks Cheri, they are still there, unwilling to do anything but keep enjoying it :)
Marvelous sounding place to live!
Amazing how different life can be only a few years later. Looks like a beautiful spot for a painter looking for inspiration (and potters too).
Post a Comment