Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
the macho man makes molasses muffins...
Ever wanted to use that expression with DEFINITE KNOWLEDGE? You know, "slower than molasses in January"?
Cold cold cold windy day Tuesday where it feels like an ACCOMPLISHMENT merely taking the dog out for a tinkle. So cold your rambunctious little beagle runs outside looking for fun and within a minute she is shivering at the back door, a VERY RARE moment.
I was outside all morning, at the store, getting the haircut, going to the county dump then working on pots in preparation for a bisque. It was a different matter in the afternoon.
Other than taking the dog out and vaguely feeling like I was slacking because the studio is so cold and the outdoors so cold and it is so hard to do anything other than drink tea in bed and read a mystery, MAKING MUFFINS feels like a very big accomplishment.
These are my favorite muffin of the moment, so simple, gluten-free, no dairy, based originally on another recipe, I have made adjustments so they are more moist, tasty and fun! Makes 6 BIG muffins, easily doubled!*
*Gary's version of rice flour muffins
-preheat to 425, prepare 6 muffin tin with either paper liners or a little oil..the older I get, the more I like the NO FUSS no mess of paper muffin/cupcake liners
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup soy milk
2 Tbs molasses
2 Tbs canola oil
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 cup brown rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
In large mixing bowl, stir the egg to beat it, then add the rest of the ingredients in order, stirring them in. Then when it is all nicely stirred, add 1/2 cup, more or less either chopped apple or cranberries, blueberries, raisins, or craisins plus a half cup of nuts...whatever you like!
Bake about 17-20 minutes, when a toothpick inserted comes out clean, you can sprinkle the top with cinnamon or nutmeg sugar then let muffins cool a minute or 2 then pull out to cool on wire rack.
You can slice them and eat them after 15-20 minutes, yummo! FINALLY, let's warm up with one of my favorite tunes EV-AH... Chrissie Hynde = Smokin' hawt...
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:07 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- killer teapots and Gary's FAMOUS gluten-free skill...
- "...so hopefully you don't go blind..."
- yeah, that loopy thing....
- speaking of LOVE and gluten-free brownies...
- William..... not the prince, or the singer, the HI...
- like "4 Weddings and a Funeral", except with 2 bow...
- if SPIKE cat had anything to do with it....
- tall and thin or chubby and short
- Wallace and Gromit, Brown Betty and beans on toast...
- there is a good reason people have a TILE BACKSPLA...
- "cousin Mark says you make great plates..."
- like wearing last year's jeans...
- "it was early morning yesterday...I was up before ...
- I've been framed!
- hip hip hooray!
- the write stuff...
- and now for something COMPLETELY different....
- a new trick for an old dog....
- 24 years ago and today....
- the elephant in the room...
- the lion the witch and the wardrobe...and the BEAGLE
- "she wasn't flirting with you"
- the wife puts up with my GORILLA home decorating t...
- the macho man makes molasses muffins...
- "its not a flannel lined emergency..." (but today ...
- Robert: They do say there's a wild man inside all ...
- testing, testing, one two....
- stately toes
- It flings a crystal veil...
- new year part TWO with the black eyed peas and dru...
- Obamacare, rabbitrabbitrabbit and broken pots...Ne...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Gary, that is one of my fav Pretenders songs too! Precious ties with it. I’m making those muffins this morning!
The muffins sound YUMMY! Guess I better get some brown rice flour.
Cold indeed! If the sun is out I have about a two hour window of work time in my studio. It's supposed to get warmer, relatively speaking, by the end of the week!
I love molasses, don't you? I add it for some extra punch in my granola. But, put it on top of a warm biscuit or corn muffin.....yummy.
I was baking bread and making soup, gotta warm the house and the soul on freezing cold days.
Stuck in the house, literally since Sunday. Happy to have heat! Big Jimmie has to be pushed out the door as he falls to his shoulders in the snow. DH shoveled a place for him to pee, but he doesn't like it. I have been cooking cooking, cooking. My excuse, it helps to warm the house. Warming up today, thank heavens. The joy of living on 20 acres with a very long drive way.
Post a Comment