I was walking Nook, the fuzzy white dog of a friend of mine in Ithaca yesterday (you KNOW Nook) and had 2 fun incidents before meeting up with the wife at her office, so she could walk with us.
The first amusing moment inspired a haiku:
Stick, sidewalk near bar, two lines.
How did he take it?
I have been imagining inside the bar the previous evening "hey, let's go out for a smoke, I have something to tell you"
"I did the pregnancy test, I'm late!"
"here it is!" shows the pee stick test
"what are we gonna do? Cause I don't wanna be married to YOU all my life"
"plus you're ugly and stupid"
"man, don't you have ANYTHING TO SAY?"
"fuk you, Jack!" (throws pregnancy stick at ugly and stupid father of her unborn child)
dude mutters "I did, didn't I...."
A short time later another dog is coming along at the end of a leash, another well-bundled dog walker.
Nook wants to do nosies with it, they are friendly. I am scratching the dog's nose and say to the stranger
"nice to have some sunshine!"
she "You said it, I was in bed all week!"
"Rats! January sux!"
she "you said it!"
And I wander off to get the wife from her office. I tell her of both moments.
Me: guess what?
Me: A woman FLIRTED with me!
Me: Yeah (repeat dialogue above)
Wife: she wasn't flirting with you
Me: ah, but the tone in which she said "I SPENT A WEEK IN BED" huh? She totally wanted me!
Wife: yeah, I don't think so.
Me: It was the WAY she said it...
Wife: Sure it was...don't step in that pile....
Oh well. Truly, considering my parka, red runny nose and the rest, who the heck would want to flirt with me? My wife, bless her...
Hey, I told you yesterday that I had a terrible overfiring in the kiln. Thankfully, only one piece was ruined, the rest came out either the same as usual OR ....................................BETTER. I will never overfire pieces on purpose, but I was pleasantly surprised...this teapot is like, wow. I won't tell you what it is s'posed to look like....
Plus I made a hippo teapot yesterday! Have a great Friday!
(teapots by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, January 10, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- killer teapots and Gary's FAMOUS gluten-free skill...
- "...so hopefully you don't go blind..."
- yeah, that loopy thing....
- speaking of LOVE and gluten-free brownies...
- William..... not the prince, or the singer, the HI...
- like "4 Weddings and a Funeral", except with 2 bow...
- if SPIKE cat had anything to do with it....
- tall and thin or chubby and short
- Wallace and Gromit, Brown Betty and beans on toast...
- there is a good reason people have a TILE BACKSPLA...
- "cousin Mark says you make great plates..."
- like wearing last year's jeans...
- "it was early morning yesterday...I was up before ...
- I've been framed!
- hip hip hooray!
- the write stuff...
- and now for something COMPLETELY different....
- a new trick for an old dog....
- 24 years ago and today....
- the elephant in the room...
- the lion the witch and the wardrobe...and the BEAGLE
- "she wasn't flirting with you"
- the wife puts up with my GORILLA home decorating t...
- the macho man makes molasses muffins...
- "its not a flannel lined emergency..." (but today ...
- Robert: They do say there's a wild man inside all ...
- testing, testing, one two....
- stately toes
- It flings a crystal veil...
- new year part TWO with the black eyed peas and dru...
- Obamacare, rabbitrabbitrabbit and broken pots...Ne...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
The breaking and movement in the glaze look really great. Maybe you should experiment with some higher temps.
It looks like you have found another option for firing. I'm finding that teapot elegant and mysterious.
Love the pregnancy stick story....my you could spin tales for a living....hey, isn't that what you do with your pots? Are you sure the woman wasn't flirting with Nook?
Happy Dancing Hippo Day!
You seriously are weird...an incarnation of Hunter perhaps...but you do make cute hippos...and that runny glaze trick is definitely beautiful. Life is just like that, eh?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but she was totally flirting with Nook. And M. cracks me up... "Sure it was... don't step in that pile..." HA!!
The elephant teapot came out EXACTLY the way it was supposed to look. Truly awesome. Makes me wish I needed a teapot. Maybe I do!?!?
cute dogs like nook attract all the women!
and the teapot looks great.
I think she was TOTALLY flirting with you! It's just there's no competition when you put Tasty Cakes in the race!
Post a Comment