Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, January 31, 2014

killer teapots and Gary's FAMOUS gluten-free skillet cornbread!


(new teapot by Gary Rith)
Luscious, eh wot?  Celadon grey/green/blue with blue loops and a beagle????

Claudia is looking for a NON-cardboard tasting gluten-free cornbread recipe.  Imagine that! I invented a recipe...well, anybody could, cornbread is tres easy, right?  I like to use the skillet for that extra crisp edge!  If you want it more rich, you can add sour cream or yogurt or use butter and real milk...but I find this superb.  Molasses is my favorite sweetener--it has nutritional value and helps baked goods stick together and retain moistness AND gives this cornbread a bit of a toasty color ****

I am on the road for a bit...catcha SOON and have an awesome weekend yerself!




Gary's gluten-free skillet cornbread
-preheat to 350
-grease an iron skillet or 9 x 5 loaf pan
-in large bowl combine:
-3/4 cup brown rice flour
-1 cup corn meal
-1/4 cup coarse corn meal (or regular cornmeal if you prefer)
-3 1/2 teas baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-with a spoon, whip it together, whip it good!  well, stir anyway
-in second bowl beat 2 eggs
-add 3 TBS molasses, 1 cup (soy) milk, 1/4 cup canola oil--with your spoon whip it, whip it good!
-add wet to dry, with your spoon...whip it, whip it good! 
-pour into skillet or loaf pan
-bake about 25 minutes for the skillet, check that it looks crisp and brown at the edges and a toothpick in the middle is clean....a loaf pan is a thicker block, and 30-40 minutes baking is about right
-when done take outta the oven, let cool a few minutes, then you can slice and  remove to a wire rack to finish cooling

3 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Have a great trip.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yay! Thank you so much! I will definitely give this a try. I figured that you needed 2 eggs (I only used one) and also more liquid and bind-y things. I like the idea of molasses. Thanks Gary!

Emily SIL said...

What about a recipe for tortillas?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.