WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
In May 1992 the wife and I had known each other 3-4 years and had been an ITEM for about four months and would get married Christmas of '92.... she had a place outside of downtown that I later moved to with my cat Sammy. But Sammy and my bachelor pad was in Chicago's most fun neighborhood (named BOYSTOWN not long after I left, full of young fun people like me, yuppies, old buildings and...well, sure, BOYS). Anyway, I was so close to Wrigley Field where the Cubs play I could walk it in about 5 minutes.
The Cubs were definately a loveable team in the 80s-90s (and I hope they still are!). You could turn in 6 candy bar wrappers and get a free reserved ticket. The very first Cubs game I went to, I sat in a chair on a roof across the street from the stadium! A real neighborhood spot.
I took the wife to a game there this week 21 years ago, on what turned out to be Mother's Day. They gave her an awesome tote bag! Harry Carey the radio and TV announcer was in a booth just past her shoulder and would pop out to sing "take me out to the ballpark...". Pretty flippin' awesome....we went to White Sox games too, I was never one of those Chicagoans who liked one team more than the other (although at this point I still have a White Sox hat and the wife a Cubs hat, suggesting we are a mixed marriage).
She is wearing one of my shirts here, which I still have....
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- when it goes up to 97 degrees you bring out the PE...
- fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels_____...
- 29 things I think are AWESOME!
- Time warp Tuesday: Petey and Penny!
- Sammy version 2.0
- so, like I was telling you, we climbed a mountain ...
- 4am, 500 miles, hundreds of feet....
- of cowboys, ponies and barns!
- remember mother's day?
- Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
- a tale of 2 vases....and mugs!
- if you want to piss off a cat...
- the prettiest puppies, pussycats, pottery and pota...
- beagles and back to busy business!
- busy business and raining cats and dogs....
- "Gary we have seen your elephant gear before" they...
- Time Warp Tuesday: LIFE AS AN EXTREMELY FAMOUS AT...
- Mother's day promises
- not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...an...
- the last minute SUB goes through hell week in one ...
- the kind of guy who...wears black socks with shorts?
- why we do this = how we sell it!
- comfort food and...pottery!
- time warp Tuesday and a MOP
- from cinco to May 6...
- C is for: comedic cat.... and Cinco de Mayo!
- when is ARBOR DAY anyhow????
- one couch and one cat
- antidote to a NIGHTMARE
- they PAY ME for this sh!t....
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)