I am not sure if May 6 has anything going for it, unless it is your birthday. I mean, we have what, Cinco de Mayo which I think was also the Orthodox Easter, May 1 was Mayday, May the Fourth is that Star wars thing, Mother's Day coming up....but today?
OK, but yesterday, Cinco de Mayo? I mean, we will eat our version of Mexican every day, but Sunday was a thrill. Friday we were out at Bronwyn's and she had roasted carrots and turnips in such a way that her kids were snacking on them like doritos....how often does that happen?
SO, I was like, to the wife "we could make tortillas, we could make guac, we have some of those frijoles leftover AND let's roast carrots with onions and put all that together!" which was brilliantly tasty....****
have an awesome Monday!
**** our tortillas
--mix in a bowl 3 cups flour, 1/3 cup oil and 1 cup warm water, adding water or flour to make a nice elastic dough...divide into 8, rolling each one flat, cook to char each side on a hot frying pan without oil or anything--be careful they do not burn, but crisp is good! You can keep a stack of them wrapped in a towel until you are ready to eat
**** roasted carrot and onions
-cut 4 carrots like finger size, chop an onion into 1/4s, break each in half so you have 8 big chunks, place in baking dish with a little olive oil and soy sauce, stir to coat, bake at 425 for 15 minutes, stir veggies around, then bake another 15-20 minutes until they look YUM
--you know how to make guac, right? We scoop out the avocado and use a fork to mash it with 2 TBS lime juice, hot pepper sauce, cumin, bl. pepper, garlic, whatever....
--and you saw how we did the frijoles yesterday :)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, May 6, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- when it goes up to 97 degrees you bring out the PE...
- fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels_____...
- 29 things I think are AWESOME!
- Time warp Tuesday: Petey and Penny!
- Sammy version 2.0
- so, like I was telling you, we climbed a mountain ...
- 4am, 500 miles, hundreds of feet....
- of cowboys, ponies and barns!
- remember mother's day?
- Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
- a tale of 2 vases....and mugs!
- if you want to piss off a cat...
- the prettiest puppies, pussycats, pottery and pota...
- beagles and back to busy business!
- busy business and raining cats and dogs....
- "Gary we have seen your elephant gear before" they...
- Time Warp Tuesday: LIFE AS AN EXTREMELY FAMOUS AT...
- Mother's day promises
- not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...an...
- the last minute SUB goes through hell week in one ...
- the kind of guy who...wears black socks with shorts?
- why we do this = how we sell it!
- comfort food and...pottery!
- time warp Tuesday and a MOP
- from cinco to May 6...
- C is for: comedic cat.... and Cinco de Mayo!
- when is ARBOR DAY anyhow????
- one couch and one cat
- antidote to a NIGHTMARE
- they PAY ME for this sh!t....
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Merely Monday sounds fine to me!
Keep on potting!
Roasted veggies are the bomb!
Somebody called it "Revenge of the sixth." And roasted veggies ARE the bomb!
I can eat carrots every day and be perfectly happy. (Insert red head jokes here.) The soy sauce looks like a good addition. I'll try that next!
Post a Comment