Like I was saying yesterday, my neighbor Trevor is an Ithaca fire fighter. The other day over beers he asks "Hey, wanna run a race Saturday? A guy on our team dropped out, we need a sub..." and I was like"OK!" and found out the back breaking truth LATER...running, jumping, carrying, doing everything you could to exhaust yerself... this to help pay for the one last trail needed to connect all of Ithaca's waterfront. There are miles already, but the all important central link needs to be finished and hopefully this does it!
HERE we are before, and with any luck, I hope I soon have the pics of the DURING. One guy's wife ran alongside us the whole way, cheering us on, and she got many pics...
Let me just say a few things about these people on my team: you have NEVER had more fun crawling on your belly in the mud! I may be a good enough runner, but I was certainly the weakest of the team by far. Two events had me at the wall, I had done 13 chinups out of 20 and was starting to stop and my feet were grabbed from behind and I was gently helped to finish AND where we had to pull hundreds of pounds of weights across the parking lot and I was just standing there PULLING, unmoving, another guy who had finished got behind it and pushed.....wow. Firefighters: quietly helping you out.
My neighbor Trevor is the tall dude in the middle, left of the check.
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, May 12, 2013
not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...and fun!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:17 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- when it goes up to 97 degrees you bring out the PE...
- fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels_____...
- 29 things I think are AWESOME!
- Time warp Tuesday: Petey and Penny!
- Sammy version 2.0
- so, like I was telling you, we climbed a mountain ...
- 4am, 500 miles, hundreds of feet....
- of cowboys, ponies and barns!
- remember mother's day?
- Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
- a tale of 2 vases....and mugs!
- if you want to piss off a cat...
- the prettiest puppies, pussycats, pottery and pota...
- beagles and back to busy business!
- busy business and raining cats and dogs....
- "Gary we have seen your elephant gear before" they...
- Time Warp Tuesday: LIFE AS AN EXTREMELY FAMOUS AT...
- Mother's day promises
- not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...an...
- the last minute SUB goes through hell week in one ...
- the kind of guy who...wears black socks with shorts?
- why we do this = how we sell it!
- comfort food and...pottery!
- time warp Tuesday and a MOP
- from cinco to May 6...
- C is for: comedic cat.... and Cinco de Mayo!
- when is ARBOR DAY anyhow????
- one couch and one cat
- antidote to a NIGHTMARE
- they PAY ME for this sh!t....
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
You just can't stay away from the call of the mud!
Team work Gary, gotta love it. Good job on finishing.
sounds like a wonderful event! quite a switch for a potter who works alone everyday to work on a team.
And you got a new Tee also!
I'm impressed. Good on you, Gary. You're persistent and a very nice guy.
Holy cow, Gary! A bunch of people from work put a team together for this event and tried to get me in on it and I said, "No way! I know my limits!" I'm so impressed you did this, especially on such short notice!
Oh, but what a wonderful thing to do. Firemen are awesome and so are potters!
So VERY cool! You rock!
And I'm impressed that you could do 13 chinups. Who are we kidding? I'm wondering if I could even do one?
Post a Comment