WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Halloween = CEMETERIES?
Our village is so small we only have a couple hundred residents, a bust stop, a post office, playground, fire hall and...cemetery. The cemetery is over 150 years old and has veterans from at least the War of 1812 (I think a veteran from 1776 too) and a lot of Civil War veterans (including a captain who died around 1862...but whose wife, buried next to him, died around 1918!). We have the title abstract on our house which is the same age as the cemetery, and we can trace the former owners around the headstones.
The cemetery is so beautiful. It is only a block from our house and surrounded by a brook and forest preserve with paths! It is all a bit pleasantly rough. Nobody ever visits either cemetery or nature preserve, which means they are clean and have no trash.
We got home and since it has been warm...I had a deer tick on my leg OH GOSH! Nabbed him before he bit me....
Anyway, the saddest stones are just behind Penny, a row of several stones from one family. The parents died many years after the kids. All of the kids died in one week in January in the 1800s....imagine that, some flu comes along, and all your kids your die in one week?????
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- Halloween = CEMETERIES?
- sidestepping Sandy and Time Warp Tuesday!
- disgusting and despicable
- speaking of frogs....
- the whole dang thing...put together!
- thinking of CHRISTMAS...2 short months from today!
- speaking of Claudia and blackberries...the berry k...
- time warp Tuesday, toddlers and therapy dogs!
- my azz: a BARELY SAFE FOR WORK post....
- blog tourism.....
- the long and winding road....
- speaking of RELIGION and POLITICS....
- if your dog ATE A BAR OF SOAP what might happen?
- killer kalzones!!!!!
- Three Cats for Time warp Tuesday!
- last day of summer....
- the invasion of the cousins....!!!!
- this is why the cat is NOT allowed in the studio...
- picky about pitchers ... and piggies....
- going to extremes....
- Madonna and child, Michelangelo and ME
- BABY ALEX = practice for therapy dogs!
- Time warp Tuesdays!
- ME, in PARIS, with JENNIFER ANNISTON!
- in which my dog PASSES the evaluation ...much to m...
- pork dumplings
- fall colors = LEAVES and beer chili....
- frogs: not just for breakfast anymore
- hospice: speaking of eating cars and end of life ...
- whacked pot....
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)