Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, October 6, 2012

pork dumplings



I think this is hilarious:  my small piggy bank given as a gift in a rice container!  YES, I save these when we go out and they are clean....the little girl across the street turns 6 soon, and this is a very small bank, but I will give it to her with 6 quarters in it.  I remember when we first moved here, the lady over there was so pregnant! And now the girl is so tall, and a first grader!  How does all that happen....

You probably need some of my piggy items...here are some new ones! Available now at my etsy gallery! when pigs fly vasewhen pigs fly large bowl

5 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

great idea, using the rice container for a gift box. they sell new colored ones that are pretty, but expensive. recycling is the way to go!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Cute piggies!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I just bought a hundred of these rice boxes at a store in town for...get this...15 bucks! That is 15 cents each!!!!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Such a sweet gift with cute wrapping to boot! :)

Emily SIL said...

Hey, when you gift your neighbor, don't forget to include the famous "Now I am Six" Poem by A.A. Milne:

When I was one, I was just begun
When I was two, I was still new
When I was three, I was hardly me
When I was four, I was not much more
When I was five, I was just alive
But now I'm six and I'm clever as clever,
I hope I stay six forever and ever!

I try to teach that poem to every parent/grandparent of a turning six child. You can't go wrong with it. (Nor can you go wrong with one of your piggy banks!)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.