WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
hospice: speaking of eating cars and end of life issues....
ANYWAY, you will see below the amusing photos of me and my work and my large afternoon snack...just like I was saying yesterday! Inspired by Blondie, 30 some years ago.....but first, let me tell you these things:
We may be rejected for many reasons, but Penny and I are possibly moving along as therapy dog and person. YES, we will continue to visit the senior living center each week as we have for months. BUT we may also undergo training in hospicare. Hospice, as you know, is managing end of life issues for terminally ill patients. People who are in pain and can't really go anywhere. Last night I began what might be a long amount of training, which will include Penny, in hospicare. Or we will not make it into the program (Penny is super sweet, but not obedient or intelligent....HOWEVER, she is a champion cuddler and that is what is most needed...I mean, she sees a bed and she doesn't hesitate to jump in!)
So, basically, what is it like to work in hospicare? The team leader talks about it being very different from anything he ever thought it would be. If I think about it, I suppose I would be scared and nervous, but I am not. I am excited and I hope I am accepted. How can we appreciate life if we don't face death?
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- Halloween = CEMETERIES?
- sidestepping Sandy and Time Warp Tuesday!
- disgusting and despicable
- speaking of frogs....
- the whole dang thing...put together!
- thinking of CHRISTMAS...2 short months from today!
- speaking of Claudia and blackberries...the berry k...
- time warp Tuesday, toddlers and therapy dogs!
- my azz: a BARELY SAFE FOR WORK post....
- blog tourism.....
- the long and winding road....
- speaking of RELIGION and POLITICS....
- if your dog ATE A BAR OF SOAP what might happen?
- killer kalzones!!!!!
- Three Cats for Time warp Tuesday!
- last day of summer....
- the invasion of the cousins....!!!!
- this is why the cat is NOT allowed in the studio...
- picky about pitchers ... and piggies....
- going to extremes....
- Madonna and child, Michelangelo and ME
- BABY ALEX = practice for therapy dogs!
- Time warp Tuesdays!
- ME, in PARIS, with JENNIFER ANNISTON!
- in which my dog PASSES the evaluation ...much to m...
- pork dumplings
- fall colors = LEAVES and beer chili....
- frogs: not just for breakfast anymore
- hospice: speaking of eating cars and end of life ...
- whacked pot....
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)