Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, October 29, 2012

disgusting and despicable

Wednesday the NY Times has an article on peanut butter and ...pickles...sandwiches.  I am intrigued!  I put peanut butter on anything! Everything!!!! Friday I was game to try it, although I am not a pregnant lady but I was reaLLy hungry.
 I think the article uses sweet pickles, which I don't think I have ever bought, and have rarely eaten. I am a dill pickle guy. Would I have HATED PEANUT BUTTER AND PICKLES any less if I had tried it with sweet pickles????
 It was a nasty mess. I got photos below.
I ate it all.
 I got a tummyache.
BUT I am one of those optimistic Americans who turns bad to good. It being Halloween week, there is a little chocolate around the house, and I was like "DUH, peanut butter with a chocolate bar sandwich!" because I already know pb and chocolate is terrific together.
Well, day one, YES, it was sooooo good. I toasted my bread, got the pb on there, and softened a dark chocolate bar in the wave for a bit and tossed it top. DELISH!
But, again, being an American interested in CONVENIENCE and EFFICIENCY I was like "be easier to just toss the bread onto a baking sheet, put peanut butter on there and the chocolate bar and lightly warm them TOGETHER. And the result?
BRILLIANT. I should patent the idea! BEYOND delicious!

    

9 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

my brother use to eat this:
PB,Cheese, Pickles and tomato...ugh.

smartcat said...

Proge likes PB and chocolate on graham crackers too sometimes with a marsh mallow melted on top. Works well on Golden Marias and other plain cookies. I myself being allergic to chocolate, but not white chocolate, think almond butter, white chocolate etc. is sublime.

Just the thought of PB and pickles is stomach churning!

Lori Buff said...

That sounds really yummy, slice a banana and put it on top of the chocolate and peanut butter. YUM.

Joyful Things said...

As a peanut butter and everything person I need to tell you that you put too many pickles on the sandwich. They need to be sliced thinly and applied sparingly so that they do not overpower the lovely taste of the PB :>) try again....

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I can't believe that you ate more than one bite of that peanut butter and pickle sandwich. Ugh. MUCH better to go with the PB & chocolate combo...and YES to the addition of bananas!

JB said...

I'm a PB and honey on toast kinda person. Yum. Not sure I will give the pickles combo a go.

Julia said...

PB and marshmallow creme is still the best sandwich EVER! We call them fluffer-nutters here - although I'm sure others have similar names for them?

cm said...

Bananas are evil. A toasted English muffin, however, with a bit of peanut butter and chocolate chips smushed in between, is a little bit of heaven on your plate. Just be careful to catch the drips.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm cracking up reading all the above comments. We are pretty particular about what we like and what we don't like. I admit, I can eat pickles with anything.....but chocolate. I draw the line....

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.