Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, May 16, 2011
you have your mother's day, you have your father's day.....
Gave the wife this rather extraordinarily cute tee for mother's day last week. This tee was at what might be the most awesome store on earth, a Japanese bookstore, giftstore, etc store in New York City, 6th Ave at Bryant Park, like 41st st. In the link you can see the front window of the store---that is where I saw the tee, in that very window! Wouldn't you go inside too, and BUY IT???? The store has English books and stuff too, but mostly cool Japanese stuff...they are so STYLISH...and 2 awesome bathrooms. Don't you love secrets to awesome shopping?
Back to mother's day---it is wise to give nice gifts for mother's day if....you want nice gifts yourself on father's day. I s'pose you could argue that we are the parents of nothing human, and that is true, but it is fun to celebrate the little holidays...and the pets insist.
ANYWAY, I was working on these teapots last week, outta the kiln now. May I say it? WOWZA!
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
You might need a dog in a mug, on sale now at my etsy gallery, along with other groovy items....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:41 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- the eve of the best day of the year!
- the day of the snakes....
- my hairstylist was telling me....
- this little piggy......
- HEY HEY YOU get offa my......
- the legend of the purple house....
- let me WHIP my hair....
- Gary + Fitz and the Tantrums = true love 4 evah
- I am adorable....
- biking the FULL MONTY
- I am rapturous about:
- BUCKETS of my BLOOD for real!
- domestic GOD
- GENIUS body work
- dragon bank
- ancients worshiped cats as gods...
- you have your mother's day, you have your father's...
- dude with the black thumb shows up.....
- this love story, the final edition
- this love story: part 2, 3, 4, 5
- Gary and Maude and the scarf...
- Part 3--Baby Alex takes NEW YORK
- Benji and the bombshell Knight in New York (an adv...
- hmmmm, where was GARY????? part 1....
- the wife is ALWAYS right :)
- the beautiful frog princess......
- eating VILE things.....
- Princess Penny ....and Georges takes that walk on ...
- Spike cat and Georges Le Soq: don't ask, don't te...
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
whay! The animals are right in Maude needed that tee!
and the teapots- fun!
I do love the tee shirt...very cute. The store looks inviting to me as well.
Well of course you must celebrate ALL the holidays...whether the critters insist or not. :)
As the parents of human and animals, may I say that sometimes being the parent of an animal is far harder? (Unless you've taught your brood to potty in the toilet and let themselves in/out at all hours of the night)...humans at least usually become somewhat independent at some point...
Love dog mug. Love.
Love Maudes new T-shirt!
Pots are awesome as always!
Awesome tee! Buddy and Java Bean gave me a nice card, I guess they snuck out one day with my daughter, to buy it. LOVE the new pottery.
And, Maude in groovy shirt matches awesome teapots. Blue, Blue, Blue...
I know that Japanese store! I went in last time I was in NYC as well---great place!
Wow sounds like a cool place to shop! Love the T shirt, and the color. Beautiful pottery! :)
Pets DO count!! :) Michael got me a card from Lucy... and one from him. :) And I got a pedicure. I'm glad you got that cute tee for M... it's adorable!
I love the cup with the dog in it Gary. Very cool. Glad you to see you are still doing what you are doing :)
Love the shirt! :)
My BFF calls the cats her "furry children." And so they are.
Post a Comment