Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, May 6, 2011
the wife is ALWAYS right :)
I am working yesterday, finishing this teapot and is there is a series of thumps on the door and the wife blows in
"hey lookit that!" she sez "cool! I am gonna get the camera!" and I make no objection, so she rushes out to find the camera and shortly returns.
I am there at the wheel holding this wet noodle of a handle. It is like walking on thin ice AND up on a tightrope without a net. You have to be wicked careful and concentrate or you will die a horrible death. Well, the handle will break, fall off, look funny, whatever. You get the idea.
So, I am concentrating and the wife is like snapping a pic and then she is COMING IN REAL CLOSE and I am like
"If you're taking a pic, step back so the flash doesn't blast me!" and she is like
"no! that isn't my vision, I need to get in close! stop bossing me around!!!!" and I am like
"this is delicate, I need to focus, and you think I am bossing YOU AROUND?"
and she stomps off in a bit of a huff. You know how marriage is: WHO IS BOSSING WHOM around? That daily question, that daily balancing act. The formula is, of course, that the wife is always right.
Handle survived, teapot survived, life is good.
I am on the road doing important things. Catch you Sunday :)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:47 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- the eve of the best day of the year!
- the day of the snakes....
- my hairstylist was telling me....
- this little piggy......
- HEY HEY YOU get offa my......
- the legend of the purple house....
- let me WHIP my hair....
- Gary + Fitz and the Tantrums = true love 4 evah
- I am adorable....
- biking the FULL MONTY
- I am rapturous about:
- BUCKETS of my BLOOD for real!
- domestic GOD
- GENIUS body work
- dragon bank
- ancients worshiped cats as gods...
- you have your mother's day, you have your father's...
- dude with the black thumb shows up.....
- this love story, the final edition
- this love story: part 2, 3, 4, 5
- Gary and Maude and the scarf...
- Part 3--Baby Alex takes NEW YORK
- Benji and the bombshell Knight in New York (an adv...
- hmmmm, where was GARY????? part 1....
- the wife is ALWAYS right :)
- the beautiful frog princess......
- eating VILE things.....
- Princess Penny ....and Georges takes that walk on ...
- Spike cat and Georges Le Soq: don't ask, don't te...
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Well, we got YOUR side of the story. You're welcome for the photos already ;-D
Hahaha, you've got the formula right: the wife is always right (but we pretend that the husband is once in a while).
Happy Trails! :)
An acquaintance of mine used to say he thought it wise to give his spouse "a good listening to" from time to time:)
Can't wait to hear M's side ;)
Happy wife = happy life
her side is: I was bossy :)
gotta make that lady some cookies!
Yeah, make cookies to make it all right again. ;-)
Oh cookies would work for me! lol lol :) Have a great time! Love the Pot! :)
The sooner that men learn this bit of news...the better.
Have a great weekend.
Her: What on the TV?
and then it all began
(when will they learn!)
Maude is right. Of course. She had a vision! Cookies are always the answer!
Of COURSE she is! :-D
awww- a good huff and puff is good to clear the air.
i love a good fight because make up is always good!
You love bunnies you!
Post a Comment