Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Part 3--Baby Alex takes NEW YORK

I was reading yesterday some BS about what a pottery blog should be.
FORK THAT!
I will blog any thing I please. Blogging about pottery only would be EXTREMELY boring, for me, and for you.

I was hanging out in NY with my buddies on the weekend, and explained to them
"The most popular thing I blog is BABY ALEX. He gets his own post."
The little dude is so cute, he EARNED IT.
He turns one this month, but has been walking and running for awhile. The only time he cried was when he had taken my hand and was walking along, and I tried to remove my hand. He was like "waaa! give me your hand again!" and he stopped crying. He likes his honorary uncle Gary very much....



Me and mi amigo baby Alex, and below, Alex with Benji and Knight....


Baby Alex's aunt Julie in cranberry top, his mom Tiffany in blue--my absolute FAVORITE honorary cousins....



Babiess are so entertaining. Just watching Alex try different fruits and then spit and toss what he doesn't like: priceless!

10 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

yes we LOVE babies!
and who is anyone else to tell us what a pottery blog should be about?

Quietly Otaku said...

ha ha looks like your having fun! Also I agree its fun to mix up your blog posts sometimes with whats going on in life rather than it just being the same all the time.

Unknown said...

You do know that one of the reasons I stay tuned is exactly BECAUSE you do what YOU do. You are so very clearly who you are on your blog, and not trying to be anything else. A rugged individualist such as myself can spot authenticity a mile away. OK, so I'm not exactly a rugged individualist, but I do fancy myself a fairly good judge of character, Gary, and I like YOURS!

Knight said...

He really was hilarious to watch. He would look up at Gary with utter intrigue. He is also the perfect baby model. As soon as you hold up the camera he makes a great face.

Unknown said...

I love you blog it's so much fun to read.
Alex is growing up so fast! Such a cute little guy.

Lori Buff said...

Alex is a real cutie.

Busy Bee Suz said...

He is GROWING before our eyes Gary!!!!!
Such a cute little man.
xo

Reverend Awesome said...

Holy cuteness, Batman! Baby Alex is so dang adorable! And, I must admit, the Yankees shirt is pretty rad.

I like where he's grabbing your shoulder like, "Listen here, buddy!"

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I love that 2nd photo where he looks so serious, like he is reading you the riot act. LOL!

Part of the fun of coming here to read your blog is that I never know what you will write about next! And the photos are always so fun.
Keep up the good work, Gary! :)

k.a. barnes said...

Baby Alex sure is a cute little coot. Perhaps he needs his own blog?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.