WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, June 21, 2010
today she did NOT kick my azz...
The wife is like "I need to do some errands after work. I need to go to (the jewelry store I like) and (the sewing store that I HATE) and (the shoe joint that I like a lot) and (the clothing store that I HATEHATEHATE! I SPIT ON THAT STORE!)."
And I respond, being the helpful and loving husband that I am,
"why certainly darling, I will pick you at 4:30, I will run around doing your bidding, and then you can take me to the Chapterhouse for the beers and popcorn" and she is an excellent gal, and is totally on board with the plan.
The wife, as you see above, works at Cornell University, in a department that, to put it one way, as the wife tells me today:
"today? The only mail we got was some loopy guy's theory about the PYRAMIDS. He spent OVER a dollar to mail it to us. He didn't even proofread his own name and address on the envelope...".
As you can see above, it has that IVY LEAGUE look, because Cornell IS, actually, Ivy League. The wife has a joe job there. We love it all, and campus is right next to the Chapterhouse. Pretty convenient, locating campus by my favorite bar.
ANYWAY, on our honeymoon in 1993 we stayed at a castle in Maine on the ocean, probably the only vacation we have ever taken (really!). You heard that right, WE STAYED IN A CASTLE ON THE OCEAN. I am not kidding when I say it was living the board game CLUE: there was a library, billiards room, etc. You could hang out in the library from 4-6 and suck up all the expensive wine and hors de oevers (how do you spell that?) your belly could handle. Frankly, we didn't need any dinner after that.
It was our habit to grab a glass at 4 or 5 and go down and play pool for an hour. The wife kicked my azz every time (I should have known, she had kicked my azz at pool the whole time we dated too). Then we would wander upstairs for the hors de things and chat with the other guests. There was this charming but HORRIBLE republican type couple staying there too. They tried to, I swear I am not making this up, recruit us for the KKK or one of those sort of hate groups. Really! And the woman in this couple is like "dear, I hope you let your new husband win at pool every time".
The wife fixes the beyotch with this look and says "he has NEVER beaten me at pool".
OK, that was then, this is now.
I grab the popcorn and the pint this evening, 4 quarters in hand, and I am like
"foosball? .....or pool (shaking in my boots, I AM SCARED TO PLAY POOL AGAINST MY WIFE)" and she is like
"rack 'em up".
Let's just say she had a bad outing. A very bad game. REALLY BAD.
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- bleeding fugitive breaks into my house...
- maybe see some of you?
- do NOT be a mangey bear down there.....
- Penny = BERRY HOUND
- oh yay!
- the guy tells me "don't kill yourself"
- one of those months...one of those days...
- tighty whities vs boxers smackdown
- GARY: advice columnist and guru for the gals...
- Georges Le Soq makin' the tater tot chili....
- Dudes in shorts
- today she did NOT kick my azz...
- ribbit :)
- post father's day blues....
- Father's Day = FREE POST IT NOTES
- "I'm more..."
- so THAT was Friday.....
- when junk food worlds collide!!!!
- a new venture
- back to the yellow bowl and the TEAPOT CONUNDRUM
- the anti-authoritarian, anarcho-punk pot
- dig the big yellow bowl....
- MAUREEN GOES BABB
- "I want to kill, KILL!"
- my new gig: Notes From a Former Cabana Boy
- ....glaze mixing and other filthy jobs....
- I WANT TO WRAP YOU IN LEATHER....
- in which we travel to New Yawk city...
- NY city dude
- the wee road trip....
- ON A MISSION...back soon....
- I AM NOT a loser
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Taps Jill!
- ME in ten questions, times TWO
- Georges Le Soq goes ninja on your azz...
- Christi and the ink
- and the lady returns....
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Spring Show
- FIRST time a pretty girl has asked me to dance, bu...
- Open studio today!
- just some new things I am working on...
- photoshoot with Benji and Christi....
- could Georges Le Soq have actually.......
- the case of the purloined peonies....
- international hobo movement: do NOT do what Georg...
- CUTE alert
- Belle Melange
- June 1 = favorite day of the year
- ▼ June (52)