Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, July 28, 2012

you know its a great FAIR when:

You know its a great fair when your LAST customer at the LAST minute gets your LAST business card!
I was at Ithaca Artist Market in the permananent outdoor pavilion at the Ithaca Farmer's Market on Cayuga Lake last night...its a big deal event for summer, live music, wine, beer, food, and 70-80 local artists! Good golly it was GORGEOUS and one of those rare times that a guy like me who never goes anywhere or does anything realizes that he knows HUNDREDS of people around town!
Like, for example, you will remember my dental hygienist, Mary with the magic fingers?  I have chatted amiably with her for years about what I make, and she has told me about her daughter...well, there they were! Now Mary knows me for my than my dental health....
Anyway, the best single day fair I have had in years, yippee!

It has been the busiest month of my life...wicked awesome....but summer is going past too fast....

I was all big smiles all evening...one lady told me to keep on smiling...I was having a wicked good time...
I chose a spot with a long counter and sat on it in the corner, looking like a hooker in Amsterdam or something....
my display
my display at the permanent Ithaca Farmer's Market..the wife see it and says "your display is so bright and inviting!"
my besy pal Christi was down the way, dig those BOOTS
got home and somebody had taken my spot in bed....

7 comments:

smartcat said...

I'm not sure how or why I missed your last post. Those glazes are out of this world and perfect for robots and other creatures.

Your booth looks great. The pots display to great advantage against the new yellow. The whole venue looks very comfortable yet professional and inviting. And you had a profitable day too!

Enjoy the week end...*s*

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Your display looks great! Wish we had something this cool for a farmers market/art fair here in Tampa. Glad you had a good night of sales.

Liz said...

sooooooooooooooooo jealous of your fabulous farmer's market. I wish we had one so lovely. Your booth and Cristi's both look fabulous.

Michèle Hastings said...

your booth and pottery does stand out wonderfully against all the dark wood. good to hear you had great sales & a great time.
i really think when it comes to successful sales, attitude is 90%!

smalltownme said...

"never goes anywhere or does anything" ??? Seems like you go and do quite a lot, Gary!

Lori Buff said...

Your booth looks great, sounds like a fun event also.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Of course you did well at the fair! Here you are, with your attractive yellow shelves to draw people in, and then when they come closer they can see your happy creations. Your pottery makes people smile. It's joyful. And people need joy in their lives. I'd call it a win-win situation! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.