Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

magic hat....


(before and after with a glaze firing, I am SO excited)
Its not like the front of our house is all that interesting, but I am such a horrible gardener, I just want to show off a couple of successes:  I love the magenta hanging flowers with the purple house, and my potted sunflowers are starting to bloom!  Somebody the other day wondered if there was a beagle sculpture amongst the pots out front:  YES, cutely mixed with the morning glories (which are taking over:  GO FOR IT purple morning glories!)

Magic hat is an excellent brewery in Vermont (I had some Monday! #9!) but I was thinking "what if I made a mug that looks like a magician's hat, and inside is a bunny????"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet magic hats!

Lori Buff said...

What a great idea. Very cute!

Unknown said...

The front of your house looks so pretty. And I love that robot in the kiln!

Joyful Things said...

Love the mugs!

Knight said...

The Magic Hat is an amazing idea and I'm in LOVE with that black glaze!

Julia said...

Absolutely awesome mugs! Your creativity never cease to amaze!

Michèle Hastings said...

as soon as i saw your title i knew you were talking Magic Hat beer... #9 is my fave.

and the hats and rabbit mugs are great!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Those mugs are great! I thought you were referring to the Missus hat which does seem magically cute. Go morning glories, go!

JB said...

I would love to see the` expression on the face of the drinker who revealed the rabbit by consumption. I had a mug once that had a life like dragonfly motif on the inside. People would nearly have a heart attack when they saw it thinking they could have drunk a dragonfly.

K Dubs said...

OMG - I love love love your work! It's gorgeous! and the front of your house is, as well! I found you because of the traveling Mrs. D, and I'm hooked! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.