Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, July 19, 2012

4 cups

LC is like, and she is Canadian so you KNOW she is serious about tea "I'll need the 2 cat cups and a big 4 cup teapot to go with it" and I am like "righto, eh?".
Of course, when you make something, you know it will shrink 10-15 percent at least, and I am one of those vague and imprecise people who does not measure things, so I just dumped a large lump of clay on the wheel, and voila!
As the wife says "the mugs are big, at least one and a half cups, so this teapot is perfect.  Each person has a mug of tea, then there is at least one cup of tea left in the pot to offer the guest or split".  And I am like "SURE, that was what I intended all along....."


teaset by Gary Rith

2 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

she is gonna love 'em!

Lori Buff said...

I like the upside down handles.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.