Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mrs G COMETH....

It is 3:30 and Mrs G is due soon.  Many of you will know what that means...OK, what it means is that a mega-blogger, a VERY important one is driving around the USA meeting some of her readers....thousands of miles, hundreds of readers, dozens of towns.  Today-- Saturday she is here.  Arriving shortly.  Hopefully she is NOT an axe murderer, eh wot?  or KINKY, right?  I mean, honestly... ;)

OK, so I cleaned the studio bathroom for the first time in....6 and a half years.  ICK.  The area behind the terlet???? Let's just call THAT the Bermuda triangle....bleg.  I need servants, right?  but it is ME, I am the househusband.  I also made so much potato salad the fridge is bursting, banana mufffins with blueberries and applesauce pie with blueberries (see below!  I have a lot of blueberries don't I????).
There is a party Friday HERE.  I need to make a couple more salads in the morning, but we are in good shape here. As long as the septic tank holds up....and the well water.  This is the country, and well, sh!t happens, sadly, and it HAS happened....BTW as soon as Mrs G goes, I have a boatload of cousins visiting, oh boy!
Check Spike down below AFTER I put the sign on Mrs G's room....



15 comments:

Shortstuff said...

I love the mug and I'm sure Mrs. G will love it to pieces. You sure are a great host, Gary. All that cooking AND cleaning. I am very impressed. I hope you have a fantastic party. Looking forward to following along on your blog. Have fun!!

Fortune Cookies said...

how lucky you are to have Mrs. G stay with you on her tour! And how lucky of Mrs. G to have the opportunity to meet my favorite potter! Enjoy!

Janet said...

Love the mug, that is awesome!

smartcat said...

Cool mug! And that pie? tart?.....whatever, I wants it!
Speak to me not of wells running dry or septic systems backing up in january. The joys of home owning!
Have a wonderful time with Mrs. G. Assume there will be many pictures.
Spike looks very comfy...so nice that you fixed a bed especially for him!

trash said...

Looking good over there. Have an ace time :-)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yup. This just seals it....Gary is the coolest cat of them all!

Joyful Things said...

What a wonderful host you are! and you made her her very own mug! well done Gary, well done.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are the best host ever!!!! I can't wait to see the photos. Fingers crossed that your septic holds up...been there done that. :)
Enjoy

cookingwithgas said...

you are really going all out, i want a cookie please! Have a super grand time!

Michèle Hastings said...

looks like you are ready to party!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Mrs. G. is no more an ax murderer than I am... and I'm pretty sure you know I'm not an ax murderer. Better yet, she isn't bringing 5 guys with her -- only Johnny Depp and Kitty Gigantica (which, I hope you agree, is an awesome folk art painting. I want to adopt it).

HAVE FUN!!! I so wish I could be there, too!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

*brrrp* let's just say that some fun is being had ;)

Becky Brown said...

Gary, you are the coolest! I can vouch for Mrs. G. Not being an axe murderer - she didn't attempt to off me, at least. Have a great time

Anonymous said...

I'ma be even jealouser if Mrs. G gets to sleep with Spike. Cookies, scones, pie, AND Spike? No fair!

Jen H

Anonymous said...

Where on earth did you get that Godzilla shirt?!? That's cool!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.