Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, July 30, 2012

supremely delicious!

OK, I am taking the box of pasta off the shelf at the store, a new one to me, and I see this recipe on the back...hmm...chili mac! I have a good recipe at home, but realize this one on the box has some simple and tasty aspects...MAYBE I should combine them, one awesome new recipe? OH YES......you know how to make cornbread, but the chili mac recipe comes after the pic....(btw, we had all these Cincinatti relatives visiting recently, and they do FUNKY THINGS with chili...pasta, cocoa, cinnamon, who knows? the wife goes through this impossible list of things they do...well, anyway....)

 Gary's chili mac!

1 1/2 cups dry macaroni
diced onion
diced bell pepper
diced garlic
1/2 pound diced (soy) sausage
lots of chili powder!!!! (or tons of paprika and red pepper flakes)
1 cup spaghetti sauce
many shakes basil, oregano, black pepper
15-16 oz can of kidney beans, rinsed etc.

-boil pasta and drain
-saute onion, pepper garlic abt. 5 minutes
-add diced sausage, kidney beans, saute further 5 minutes
-add sauce and spice, simmer 10 minutes, stirring from time to time
-add the pasta, stir, heat together, turn off stove, leave pot on warm burner
-cover the chili with one cup cheese, let sit covered 5 minutes for cheese to melt

WICKED EASY and tasty!

6 comments:

smalltownme said...

Yum!

cookingwithgas said...

that sounds good except the kidney beans- there are few things i don't like and those are one of the few- the texture is all wrong...can i do mine with pintos?

Michèle Hastings said...

yummy! i haven't made a chili mac in ages, now i am inspired. i am with Meredith, I will substitute pinto beans... i can eat kidney beans, but the pintos have way better texture.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

pintos are good, but northern or navy or white beans might even be better!

cookingwithgas said...

hummm white beans could be good!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

My husband is from Cincy and your chili Mac looks WAAAAY better than anything I've seen in the great state of Ohio. I will never understand some of the things they put in their chili. Dont even get me started on those gross little hotdogs.

As for the great bean debate, I often use several different kinds in one batch of chili. It's fun to mix it up with pintos, black, and northern beans.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.