Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, July 26, 2012

its not all about CHOLESTEROL....

People who are 40 plus on the down slope to FIFTY may talk a lot about cholesterol...young people probably roll their eyes and assume, correctly, that older folks are from another planet. The planet DULL, the planet CHOLESTEROL, the PLANET OLD, BORING AND CLUELESS.
The rest of you, my awesome Generation X friends and baby boomers etc, you KNOW how fun it is to talk about cholesterol!
OK, so despite being a tiny little physically fit vegan, I have the high cholesterol, a hereditary thing, right?  As my Chinese-American doctor says "my mother will only eat a spoonful of rice with a forkful of fish and she has cholesterol of 340!".  Mine was high last summer, not 340 but bad enough, which is SO unfair, you would think that I survive on bacon cheeseburgers when I haven't had meat or dairy etc. in years.
Anyway, 11 months of oatmeal and green tea:  DROPPED 22 critical points to a normal level, yaaaaay! I ran out and got myself new running shoes and clothes to celebrate :)

Alright, who give a sh!t about all that....
me and the wife were at an antique store the other day and there was a real preserved alligator head there, small, holding the dude's business cards in its mouth, hoo hoo, haha! You KNOW I had to go home and make one!
alligator card holder by Gary Rith
croc card holder by Gary Rith
the wife and I went shoes shopping for her yesterday evening...and celebrated the patience of man and beast by walking at Cornell's Beebe lake...

14 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

good morning!

smartcat said...

OOOOHHH! Gators! (heart)

Another cool tee and what about the shoes? Practical? Fun? Both?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

shoes purchased = new balance running shoes :) I love life is good dog tees, and seem to have quite a few....but today I need to find one of my Mickey Mouse tees....

Lori Buff said...

That's great news. Can the oatmeal be in cookie form?

It seems once we get around this age the conversation is like dueling ailments.

Michèle Hastings said...

congrats on the lowering of the cholesterol!

Barbara Rogers said...

Super good news...getting those numbers in the right range! I'm sure that's what Penny was saying in that pic where her mouth is open!

smalltownme said...

That is a super t-shirt.

scribe said...

i want one of those business card alligators! (it would so fit the decor of my desk..)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oatmeal EVERYTHING :)

Karen said...

I need to know how to get a gator business card holder too!!!

Jennifer Denise Ouellette said...

I come from a genetic history that would make 340 look like a great number--so I have to do the statin thing--117, baby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the lowering of cholesterol (she says with her mouth full of scrambled eggs).
Heredity will get you or your earlier life will come back to haunt you. Have a friend in his sixties, rides thousands of miles on his bike (outside), hasn't eaten fatty foods for 30 years, no red meat, low dairy, no salt, Lived a healthy life since he was thirty. What happened? A heart attack. He's fine and back to riding his bike. Doc told him his being in good shape saved him! What?

ALBUG

Cheryl said...

Wonderful on the lowering of cholestral...I've lowered mine by eating oatmeal, oatmeal and more oatmeal...you should definitely be a model for Fit Magazine! And of course Penny should be as well...

Reverend Awesome said...

We did a wellness thing here at work. They took our blood and gave us ALL KINDS of info about it. Even platelet size. Nuts. I was shocked that I didn't have high sugar. I run on ketchup and candy and apparently that's working out okay...for now.
I was so impressed with all well my blood work and blood pressure came out I bought myself a candy bar from the vending machine.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.