Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, July 29, 2012

I am extremely FAMOUS....

Tom is a neighbor a few doors north.  He is super friendly, and when he retired a few years ago took up biking.  Then walking and running.  And swimming! He lost 80 pounds quick as can be, and is this 70+ year old tri-athelete, and Penny and I see him chugging along out there every day.
Yesterday he stops me on the street "GREAT photo, congratulations!".
An hour later, Pat, who lives in the pretty house around the corner, comes out of her house with her paper which she hands me and says "I had no idea!".
Its all part of my most recent 15 minutes of fame......
Let me explain.  Saturday I am at the public library while the wife is out shopping, and I poke through the local paper, the Ithaca Journal.  My hororscope tells me (and anybody else who is Aries)
"You don't need a lot of extra bells and whistles to get people to pay attention. to you. People will pay attention simply because they are impressed with who you are and how you live your life". Well then!
Then I start flicking through and HOLY CATS there I am! Page 3!  Friday night at the Ithaca Artist Market the photographer is wandering around taking hundreds of pics and she tells me "don't be nervous" and I quick strike a pose pretending to be doing something and tell her "I am not nervous, I am posing".  I mean, c'mon, I take my own picture all the time, I am an old pro....

that is me and my buttery yellow display brightening up the Ithaca Artist Market

You will remember my mother-in-law gave me some birkenstocks last week.  I dunno, I don't like sandals, I am not much of a birkenstocks guy, you know?  I mean republicans try to call it "a lifestyle choice" but I really think some people are born that way, right?
I realized yesterday morning the fact that I am, like Jeff Spicoli and zillions of other cool kids, I am a Vans man....
Note Jeff's (Sean Penn's) footwear...

6 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I always knew you'd be famous one day.

smartcat said...

Good for you! Ditto Michele!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Whooohoo! We can say that we knew you way back when...before the fame and fortune sets in. :)

Vans! Now you need a pair of jams and a hackey sack!

Lori Buff said...

TV and news star, yippie!!

Ron said...

Righteous dude! Digging the Vans. I'm not a sandals guy either. Or flip flops, yikies!!

Great pose, you old pro.
:-)

Unknown said...

I knew it would come to this.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.