Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, July 23, 2012

the only thing cuter than babies is STUFF for babies

Well, puppies and kittens are mighty cute too.
A longtime customer of mine says "my daughter is about to have my first grandchild...any chance you could try a divided baby plate with a duck, pig and bunny with a matching bunny cup????" and I have never done anything like that before...but I think about it, and decide it would be fun to try a divided plate, and I even painted the animals on there too!  It was a boatload of work..if I made one again, I would not add the dividers....Bunny cups, large or small, are routine of course....
baby plate and cup by Gary Rith


Penny and her pal Soupy the corgi were playing at out place Sunday, more adorable than babies or baby gear, right?  Also adorable is our HUGE friendly cat Spike ....the wife was sleeping in Sunday with them, had to get the pic....

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Some lucky baby will be eating out of your bunny bowl and cup.

Shortstuff said...

What an adorable baby set. You are quite the creative guy, Gary.

Emily SIL said...

That baby set is beautiful!

Unknown said...

So cute for babies... baby boys also love robots ;o)

smalltownme said...

Everyone/thing is adorable today.

Lori Buff said...

So cute, what a great baby shower gift.

Michèle Hastings said...

great job! it's adorable. i think you are right about the dividers, they really aren't necessary and i think they are out of fashion now too. if it's a cup and shallow bowl set they will use it for much longer then when they are babies.
i just finished making another bowl for my great niece... this will be number three. the others fell victim to breakage in the hands of adults! i made two this time, for some reason the mug has survived.

JB said...

They are fantastic and look out bunnykins, these could become the must have baby gift for new family members

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I think you should definitely keep making the baby themed stuff. Then when I need a baby gift, I will know where to go. Speaking of gifts, I need to talk to you about a crazy idea. Sending you an email.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.