I have not been able to figure out facebook since the change last month, seems like before you could follow what was going on, now I feel like it flickers past and I miss everything....and can't really say I care too much. But I don't like to be confused. DITTO NETFLIX.
I don't know what the heck is up with Netflix, but just like facebook, who had an easy to follow formula which people liked, netflix had to mess with things. I am not conservative and I don't mind change, but sometimes companies change things just to change them, you know? Like coke and coke 2 or new coke or classic coke--you are raking in the bucks, why are you messing with that?
We got rid of our netflix acct a couple of days ago. Maybe not for the reasons you would think. I plan to wait out their turbulence and in a few months or so rejoin...or something. It seemed like there was always some netflix something I had to watch and it was a burden, not fun--PLUS, as the wife reminds me, we have stacks of unwatched movies to watch that we own and need too get around to. But basically, A) I prefer to read and B) I need to get out some! More on that...
A) When my mom was little, her grandpa, a teeny tiny Welshman lived with her family. He did not have much schooling and he worked in a Massachusetts factory making Converse high tops, YEP, those sneakers indeed. He read all the time, and she grew up doing the same and some of my earliest memories are of going with her to the library every week. We have not had a TV for a very long time in this household, but I go through a book nearly every other day, 3-5 a week. Mysteries, etcetcetc, but I have never really been a book buyer--I read too many. And ditto the kindle---I love libraries and can't see suddenly spending money on books, plus, as I say, I need to get out of the house and work studio, and the library has always been a treat which brings us to...
B) Getting out of the house! I have no reason to go anywhere. Just the store and library. But I am trying to get out more, and sitting on my duff at home watching the small screen and a dvd is not really what I want....SO, as I told the wife, let's go OUT to more movies. And we do! Contagion and Midnight in Paris last week, excellent both. The big screen is pretty exciting.
ANYWAY, where do you stand on the whole movies thing? I mean, we live in a golden age, where you can sit at home and stream one episode of Ally McBeal or The Office after another, never any ads (oh YES, we have done that!!!!!!!)
Have you been out to movies? Do you find you will just sit there like a zombie, watching anything that comes onto TV? or do you just watch a few good movies at home sometimes, and do you read all that you want to?
- ► 2014 (351)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- how do you do Halloween?
- Michelle GOES BLOND
- yellow tea set = mega-happiness....
- inventing tostadas......
- applesauce muffins for snowy days.....
- message from a SQUIRREL......
- how to make a potter super happy
- "dead squirrel in the middle of the road..."
- p!ssing off a potter.....
- le hike grande*
- Sunday ahoy!
- Second City, maybe the best evening ever?????
- adorable dogs and cats and elephants....
- a public service reminder.....
- telling people you are making pots like flowers
- my most important blog post EVER...with haiku!
- a question for you: MOVIES, how do you watch?????...
- Christmas is at least 5 months long, maybe longer?...
- the Joy of banana bread...
- OKTOBERFEST and then some....
- around and around they go.....
- like flowers :)
- a question for you on the tyranny of shopping....
- apples coming out of our ears!!!
- picnic with le dawg....
- slacker, c'est moi
- the tastiest apples EVER
- Oktoberfest ahoy!
- PERFECT DAY
- plotting an exquisite weekend :)
- in which my imaginary long lost uncle finally dies...
- Penny and the superbig, super scary spider!!!!
- the wife was WRONG
- magnificent apple pies!
- UNmentionables and YOU
- cracked rear view with pink lacey undies
- le tiny ROAD TRIP
- oh boy!
- ▼ October (38)
- ► 2010 (616)