Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

p!ssing off a potter.....

I am totally good natured, calm, quiet, happy, but you want to p!ss me off? Let's say you are a KILN in a glaze firing cycle, just reached 1495 degrees F on the way to 2200 degrees F and you have some kind of MALFUNCTION in the computer firing box. THAT will p!ss off the most even tempered potter.
The stuff inside is fine, just not fired, and I have to take the kiln apart and see what is what...I have spare parts for nearly any breakdown, because, as you know, this kiln breaks down a LOT. One day Santa will bring me a small L and L kiln to replace this piece of sh!t (rhymes with) Taragon kiln....
anyway, I had to get out of the house and chill out so me and my favorite beagle took a schweet hike on the East Ithaca rail trail, came home and made apple sauce with these GInormous apples the wife bought....
have an awesome Tuesday!

**update: kiln repaired and working and hopefully works well all day :)

14 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Crossing my fingers for a good, post-repair firing for you.

smartcat said...

It's called the AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! FACTOR! So glad you got all working again. A walk is always a good way to vent and I bet Penny thinks it is a reward.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

I understand your frustration! Glad you had a nice end to your day though. :)

Reverend Awesome said...

I love Penny's eyes. I've said it before, but it looks like she wears eyeliner.

Michèle Hastings said...

i hope that someday santa is very good to you... you deserve it.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Santa would need a spare 1500-2000 bucks... :)

Joyful Things said...

I feel your pain. I'm not sure if I have a crap kiln, make crap glazes or just have no idea how to fire the crap manual kiln. I too keep putting a new kiln on the Santa list. Unfortunately this year I think he's giving me a vacuum cleaner. I hope he knows how to use it........

Busy Bee Suz said...

Perhaps Penny had something to do with the breakdown.
Broke kiln+ beautiful day= walk for Penny!!!

soubriquet said...

Better p!ssing off a potter than p!ssing on one!

Nice apples. I just bought a load of little russet apples. You don't often see them these days, but they're little and luscious.

Stacey B said...

Love the sweater!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

thx on the sweater...some poor little lambies donated the wool to Bennetton and I looooooooove it......

Anonymous said...

A fall walk with Penny and some humongous apples seem like a nice treat for putting up with a kiln that gives you such grief.

I'm thinking a nice warm kiln would be just the thing on a cold morning like today. It was 30 degrees outside this morning!

Anonymous said...

I should also mention that I smile every time that I prepare a cup of cocoa for the boys in your fun mugs. They've been having cocoa most mornings lately. :)

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, SH....T always happens, ain't it the truth. It's always something. Hope you can get your new kiln, heard way good things about the L&L Kilns, bummer.
Love the Penny Perfect photos......:)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.