Tuesday, October 4, 2011
magnificent apple pies!
I got this recipe from a magazine, probably like Martha St3wart. It is a recipe to make little apple pies with little kids, immensely EASY and with very little other than apples and a little dough, immensely healthy too. It is the opposite of store bought pies, (with a few tiny apples chunks floating in unidentified sauce) and like I say, EASY!!!!!!
I started, of course, with picking apples off the tree across the street and it helps to have a beagle with you when making apple pie.....
Gary's baby apple pies
-prepare dough with half hour to spare:
--use a fork and mix in bowl 1 1/3 cup flour, 1 tbs sugar, 6 tbs. margerine, 5 tbs. water---when it looks doughy and combined, set into fridge for at least half hour
--later that same day! preheat oven to 350
--in another bowl, chop 2 apples, mix in 1 tbs. lime juice, 1 tbs. sugar, 2 tbs. flour, allspice, ground cloves and cinnamon shakes--stir to combine nicely
--take dough out of fridge, form into a sausage, chop into 8 approx. equal parts
--using 4 little pyrex custard cup thingies (or two 4 inch pie pans), line each cup with a dough section--the dough is usually very elastic and easy to pat and push and spread to cover most of the cup
--fill cups with apple mixture, pat down--it should fit into the 4 just right
--pat the remaining 4 dough bits into round patties, press onto top of cups (I am lazy about this but you could be very careful--does not matter!)--set cups onto baking sheet and bake about 35-45 minutes, until they are nicely golden brown on top, remove from oven and you can top with a pinch of cinnamon sugar, oh boy! let cool, then eat!
- ► 2016 (292)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- how do you do Halloween?
- Michelle GOES BLOND
- yellow tea set = mega-happiness....
- inventing tostadas......
- applesauce muffins for snowy days.....
- message from a SQUIRREL......
- how to make a potter super happy
- "dead squirrel in the middle of the road..."
- p!ssing off a potter.....
- le hike grande*
- Sunday ahoy!
- Second City, maybe the best evening ever?????
- adorable dogs and cats and elephants....
- a public service reminder.....
- telling people you are making pots like flowers
- my most important blog post EVER...with haiku!
- a question for you: MOVIES, how do you watch?????...
- Christmas is at least 5 months long, maybe longer?...
- the Joy of banana bread...
- OKTOBERFEST and then some....
- around and around they go.....
- like flowers :)
- a question for you on the tyranny of shopping....
- apples coming out of our ears!!!
- picnic with le dawg....
- slacker, c'est moi
- the tastiest apples EVER
- Oktoberfest ahoy!
- PERFECT DAY
- plotting an exquisite weekend :)
- in which my imaginary long lost uncle finally dies...
- Penny and the superbig, super scary spider!!!!
- the wife was WRONG
- magnificent apple pies!
- UNmentionables and YOU
- cracked rear view with pink lacey undies
- le tiny ROAD TRIP
- oh boy!
- ▼ October (38)
- ► 2010 (616)