Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, October 14, 2011

like flowers :)

I showed a vase last week, don't worry if you forgot it, showing this shape. I am interested in making pots that are sorta flowered shape, you know? It is a multi-step process, not all that easy to figure if you want to do it WELL. But I am getting it, I am in the groove--the vases were the first tries, then seeing if it would make good mugs (yes!) and finally a tea or coffee pot, tricky because of fitting the lid on a lip that has been shaped....tres BON :)


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

8 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, that shape is JUST delightful!!!!! I really love the colors you have chose too; beautimus!

Reverend Awesome said...

Agreed. It's delightful. Really pretty. And I imagine quite tricky.

Michèle Hastings said...

loving the new design... and yes, very tricky to get a lid to fit on an altered pot. very weil done.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

re, lid: you just go wacka wacka :)

dkuroiwa said...

oh my. i think that of all the stuff you have shown us? i love those yellow mugs most of all. oh yes. i think i do. they are so very beautiful....very whimisical (i think!).

gz said...

love the curves on the mugs and coffee pot

Elizabeth Grimes said...

What a great idea. They look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nice!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.