Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, October 16, 2011

OKTOBERFEST and then some....

Ever have one of those weekend days filled with STUFF, like a work day, except all the scheduled stuff is FUN? We took Penny beagle over to Dave and Amy's farm to walk and fly the KITE...they have Penny's only friend (because she does not like other dogs) Zippy, the little black dog. Amy and Dave have a propeller in the living room and cat art everywhere...and cats! Mew the elderly grey cat is my buddy :) Then, of course, it was burritos out and shopping and finally we went around the corner to Paul and Julie's massive OKTOBERFEST. Thank goodness Paul and Julie live a 30 second walk away across the river, because, well, Oktoberfest, you know??? They are so delightful, even though I figured I would be eating at home, what with all the sausages around the place, but the Germans, thank goodness, also have pickles and pretzels and spaetzles and salads, and, of course, foamy steins full of vegan beers...

Paul and Julie, our excellent neighbors and Germanophiles ....

It was brutally cold and windy out there..the kite liked it....
below, David at Oktoberfest waving sausages at us lasciviously.....

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Ooohhh, love that propeller, very cool! So here's something I don't get. Out here in Denver, Oktoberfest has always been held in Larimer Square (arguably downtown Denver's hippest street). The festival used to be in October but now--every year--it's held exclusively in September. Doesn't that make it "Septemberfest"?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I have heard that Oktoberfest is traditionally held in September...or October :)

smalltownme said...

I love flying kites. My son was obsessed with kites a few years ago but has moved on to other things now. Too bad.

Deborah said...

Okey dokey then, always learning something new, thanks Gary! (I suppose because October is my favorite month, I really want it to be in October.)

Michèle Hastings said...

i agree with Deborah, oktoberfest in september just doesn't seem right!
looks like you guys had an awesome weekend.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a fun time you had!!!!! I love the blurry photo...so cute.

Reverend Awesome said...

I like the presenting of the sausage! That looks like a lot of fun and tiring. I'd need a few days to rest up after all that fun.

The blurry picture makes it seem like the effects of Oktoberfest had taken hold!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.