Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, October 20, 2011

telling people you are making pots like flowers


(new pottery by Gary Rith)
We talked about the tall yellow teapot last week, and here tis, fired! The wife said "its tall, good for coffee too!" and she ALSO told Corey, over at a party last week, when he asked "so what are you making these days?" she jumped in with "he is making pots that look like flowers!". They do, don't they? You can see the newer, unfired teapot is me trying a lower profile, more teapottish shape...

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Cute, unusual, unique...like YOU!
Love the glaze colors here Gary.

Joyful Things said...

I really like the original but I love the profile of the new one. Can't wait to see it glazed.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

These are gorgeous!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

By the way, when should a girl start placing tea pot orders for Christmas if she wants a few? (going to look at your etsy shop now)

Glennis said...

Love these!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.