Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

apples coming out of our ears!!!

Let's say you have an apple tree across the street, as I do, producing a gazillion apples this fall, and you are making tons of apple sauce. You start to get ideas! Like "how do you make applesauce cookies?" I found a recipe here online and like it a lot, and made some changes to it, EASY PEASY and delish!
They were cooling on the counter and I took one dog out and came back and....well, Penny is a small beagle, but she was trying SO HARD to get up onto the counter. She was giving me this guilty look here...luckily she did not manage to steal any THIS TIME....

applesauce cookies!

1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup margerine--12 tbs
1 cup applesauce
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grab 2-3 cookie sheets.
In a mixing bowl, soften margerine in 'wave for half a minute then cream together the brown sugar and margerine. Stir in the egg, and then the applesauce until well blended. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix in nuts and raisins. Mixture seems a bit sticky, liquidy, but will work nicely. Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets--I make huge cookies, so 2 cookie sheets worked.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
(new pottery by Gary Rith)

7 comments:

CiCi said...

I did the same thing with pears that someone shared with us. Made pear sauce and froze some in jars. It is awesome. And of course baking with applesauce and pear sauce is even more delicious.

smalltownme said...

I've been searching for new things to make with apples. These look good!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

they are wicked tasty :)

Knight said...

Those look amazing. Oohh! You should make Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wowza. YOU are the baker extraordinaire.
Love the frog vases; too cute.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

YUMMY!

Claudia said...

Great minds think alike! I made Applesauce cookies this week too. Although, sadly, I have no neighborly apple tree here in Florida. Oh, and my cookies had butter! (Lack of butter would keep me from ever being a vegan) These look great!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.