Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

the wife was WRONG

Point A: I am showing the wife this adorable tee shirt online, it has a polar bear on it! I want it for her, bad. I LOVE THAT POLAR BEAR!!!!!!!!!!! But she is like
"I don't wear orange" and I am like
"its not orange, they say it is 'terra cotta'" and the wife is like
"right, ORANGE! No thanks" but it has tormented me for weeks, I love that polar bear! the problem is
POINT B: Well, it is true, I am a compact person, and sometimes, to be honest, I wear kids' sizes.
So, I, um, ordered this child's tee shirt for myself. The important thing about
POINT 3: kids' sizes is that they are cheaper than adult clothes!!!!! and
Point 4: there is no question, some kids' clothes are flippin' FUN. But why should kids have all the good times?

11 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I think he needs to show up on some mugs don't you?

Gallow said...

Great shirt. I'm sure that I wouldn't fit in children sizes.

cookingwithgas said...

And tell Maude it happens sometimes- sometimes we are wrong- not often...but sometimes.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Gallow is six foot 3! That would be a big kid! The wife has pointed out to me that she was actually wrong about nothing here, and that I was just using the post title to get people to read. Ahem...true....

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH! I do draw a nice bear and a nice polar bear too, I wouldn't need to copy :)

Shortstuff said...

Not only do you fit, but there's room to spare. Penny looks like she's pouting because she didn't get a polar bear T.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Forizzle...why should kids have all the fun???
Love the shirt!!!

Unknown said...

I truly love the shirt, as well as the color....I like the minimalist approach to Art, another favorite for me to copy is Paleolithic drawings, way too cool. Line drawings always have movement, or should, they are the best.....

k.a. barnes said...

I buy stuff in kids sizes too! I find that little boys' shirts and blazers in particular are made tougher than women's stuff and a LOT cheaper!

red dirt girl said...

Great shirt - LOVE the polar bear... is he a bi-polar bear or a mono-polar bear ??? just kidding. saw my psychiatrist today and the question has been on my mind!

Kids sizes??? Gee, I Wish ...

xxx

gz said...

its a very good polar bear- not twee atall!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.