Basically, it was one of those Sunday mornings when you want to warm the kitchen and...get rid of the old bananas. We loooove banana bread in this house, and the wife wanted to make a large apple pie too. You will recall that I showed a recipe a week or 2 ago for little tiny apple pies, easy to make as...pie. So, unfortch, the wife never, um, got around to making the big one, but I made 4 little one--delish! As fas as the banana bread goes, I like it with walnuts and dried cranberries, here is my recipe.
preheat to 350
--use a blender and liquify 2 bananas, pour into a bowl, add an egg, a tbs of lime juice, 1/3 cup cooking oil--stir stir stir
--add to the bowl 1 3/4 cup of flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 2 1/4 teas of baking powder, stir stir stir!
--add raisens or cranberries or blueberries and nuts, up to a cup
--use one large loaf pan, or more fun, 12 muffin pan or 3 small loaflet pans, grease, pour in batter, bake 30-40 minutes (def. more for a big pan) and check--it will look golden brown and cooked and a knife inserted comes out clean
--cool a few then take out of pan, then cool on wire rack, yummo!
(new pottery and baked goods by Gary Rith)
- ► 2012 (416)
- how do you do Halloween?
- Michelle GOES BLOND
- yellow tea set = mega-happiness....
- inventing tostadas......
- applesauce muffins for snowy days.....
- message from a SQUIRREL......
- how to make a potter super happy
- "dead squirrel in the middle of the road..."
- p!ssing off a potter.....
- le hike grande*
- Sunday ahoy!
- Second City, maybe the best evening ever?????
- adorable dogs and cats and elephants....
- a public service reminder.....
- telling people you are making pots like flowers
- my most important blog post EVER...with haiku!
- a question for you: MOVIES, how do you watch?????...
- Christmas is at least 5 months long, maybe longer?...
- the Joy of banana bread...
- OKTOBERFEST and then some....
- around and around they go.....
- like flowers :)
- a question for you on the tyranny of shopping....
- apples coming out of our ears!!!
- picnic with le dawg....
- slacker, c'est moi
- the tastiest apples EVER
- Oktoberfest ahoy!
- PERFECT DAY
- plotting an exquisite weekend :)
- in which my imaginary long lost uncle finally dies...
- Penny and the superbig, super scary spider!!!!
- the wife was WRONG
- magnificent apple pies!
- UNmentionables and YOU
- cracked rear view with pink lacey undies
- le tiny ROAD TRIP
- oh boy!
- ▼ October (38)
- ► 2010 (616)