Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I might like you better if we.....

So as I say I am making many small teapots to try out ideas and this is not a new idea for me, but I was talking with Pauline about elephants and I am like 'no, wait for the full monty', meaning, of course, the elephant that IS a teapot....
And Becky Jo was asking me about my fancy lighting set up, and actually tis NOT fancy at all.....



(elephant teapots by Gary Rith)
Goodness, remember this tune from the early 80s? I remember in those pre-IPOD days trying to find it on the radio and calling in requests....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the light looks good amigo, you know how i love pictures of where the pictures of pitchers are made.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those are so cute!!!
I love this song...they play it on my oldies XM channel. :)

Anna M. Branner said...

That light set up is simple enough that I think even I can try it! I finally have a blog at: http://annabrannersclothnclay.blogspot.com/

So definitely must work on picture quality! Dan Finnegan says so. :)

Linda Starr said...

the feet on those elephant pots are so cute; well the whole pot is cute including the cups, but the feet really are tops. happy holidays to you.

Lori Buff said...

That looks like my light tent. The instructions for making one can be found here:

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOO ele teapot and cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!

Cheryl said...

Liked the video very much. I can't remember that far back!

Barbara said...

Maybe not fancy, but very well set up.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.