WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, December 19, 2009
BAMF* of the day: my old pal Wendy
You will remember my pal Wendy, we grew up in the same neighborhood and I was friends with herself (ten months younger than me) and her sister Mary Beth, in my grade. Their last name also started with R so I was always being plunked next to Mary Beth in class seating charts, and we would all hang out and wander around and complain about school and such. As I have said, we were a little like Winnie and Kevin in the WONDER YEARS TV show.
Fast forward to now, of course, and Wendy lives up the road in Syracuse, and once again, we all pal around.
SO, I needed to get to my clay supplier in Syracuse today and take the missus shopping and for lunch at Alto Cinco, the BAMF Mexican restaurant near Syracuse University, and early this am, since this was like a last second plan, I left a message for Wendy that if she wasn't busy we'd be at Alto Cinco just before noon. AND SHE CAME! I mean, we don't have a cell phone, so we are hard to keep track of, but Wendy dropped everything to have lunch with us and go shopping. You can see here: the missus has the cappucino and fries and such, I had the espresso and the rest, and it was so much food it was brought home for dinner too.
Then, of course, you also know I hate shopping, but near Alto Cinco is this clothing-costume shop (actually, there are two or 3) and we go in and I show the missus the spiked giraffe boots and I am thinking "I could develop a foot fetish over these, meow!" and then there is the wee little doggie punk leather biker jacket and Wendy, Gawd bless her, holds still and lets me dress her.
I am like "WENDY: cheetah print!!!! BERET WITH FEATHERS!!!!" and I discovered today what so many gay fashion designers already know: dressing up women is a BLAST.*Wendy is a BAMF for the day for letting me dress her up and coming out for lunch with me and the missus at the last second, oh yes....
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- OOOO Baby BABY BABY, Baby Baby...
- gonna get you sucka
- thanks Miri! Georges too....
- stove, redux...
- le busy day, le frog....
- "underwear goes inside the pants"
- KEY WEST here I come...
- the good the bad and the ugly
- Terri Anne and Chris make the mistake of inviting ...
- David sez "ditch the guests my man...."
- day number 3 with guests
- its my d##k in a box!
- "it's just like Christmas morning"
- can I say it? Have a Kickazz Krizmazz
- 17 years of....
- December 24, 1992- December 24, 2009????
- wedding anniversary eve
- thanks Heather!
- home electronics for dummies
- I might like you better if we.....
- a slightly amusing cat joke for Christmas....
- Becky Jo and the SECRET GIRAFFE PROJECT
- don't you wish you were married to me?
- le SUNDAY
- ho ho HO!
- BAMF* of the day: my old pal Wendy
- the END
- 5 degrees
- Benji and Christi, BAMFs* of the week and the nice...
- hangin' at Benji's.....
- do you, YOU feeeeeel like I do
- another day in paradise
- melted chocolate...
- NO you cannot have the recipe
- nothing more fun than elephants eh?
- thank God I'm not a teacher
- MORE corduroy....
- dig this Felix card!
- Pearl Jam
- BAMF* teapot....
- Emily cat, another elephant teapot
- party at Nance's for Stevo.....
- awesome little teapot
- and so the Cornell Pot Shop Sale ends....
- moo ya'll...........
- hot DAWG
- Penny does the Snoopy dance
- spaghetti pizza casserole
- gonna hafta to go all NINJA on yo azz....
- Heavy Metal Christmas with Celeste and Maurice.......
- the greatest Christmas dance EVAH
- 6 inches
- YOUR retirement plan
- Cornell Pot Shop Sale
- I got you BABE
- dig Julie's stuff!
- OMIGOSH the best tune, 2009
- she has unusally large ears....
- cow tipping galore!
- more scenes from a slightly snowy Saturday
- Mary and Max
- scenes from a slightly snowy day...
- the perfect teapot
- my wife: Senator hawtness
- frolicsome Friday!
- BAMF of the week: Spike the cat
- sick as a dog....
- raku baby...
- wee little teapot
- partying with Carol and Nance...
- I got what you NEED
- so I was telling Christi and ....
- CHRISTI comes ovah for the cookies
- sorry gals, I'm taken.....
- 57 dollars and the fridge challenge
- le cat und le mouse....
- ▼ December (78)