Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

57 dollars and the fridge challenge



My pal Stevo somehow took a pic of himself staring into his fridge. Sort of a fun challenge, eh? Except, I dressed in my cat in the hat tee, grabbed the cat (although sadly you can only see an ear) and put the little Felix doll into the fridge. ARTSY!
Once, long ago, like 1994, we were getting ready to move Chicago-Boston area and were loading junk onto the wagon for the Salvation Army and the wife sez:
"I won't have to get rid of my Felix doll will I?" and it's like
"Holy cats, you can't donate FELIX!!!!!".
Last year on about January 1 Dan and Kai of Ohio, bloggers who kinda disappeared, starting filling a change bottle to see where they were at Christmastime.
At that time I had a massive metal box full of years worth of change and decided to turn it in before it was too heavy to lift. It was almost 1000 dollars believe it or not.
Then I started again, to see what 11 months might result in. On the upside: I counted 57 dollars! On the downside, well, it ain't a thousand is it?

10 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so funny...and ARTSY!!!!
57 bucks is 57 bucks.
We have a change bucket too...I have the kids roll the change for me, sadly, I pay them 10% for rolling it, so I lose some on the deal. :)

Hilary said...

A fun Heinz 57 kind of post.. a bit of a change. ;)

Emily SIL said...

My and Mrs. Pottsblog's father used to save his change, too. Back when we were very young, he put all his pennies into a five-gallon jug (this was when 5 gallons jugs were still made of glass) and I think we got several inches of pennies into it. It was getting very heavy to lift when he finally cashed it in. I think he had over $100 in it, which was big money back in the 1970s. (Perhaps Mrs. Pottsblog remembers the actual amount better than I do.)

A few years later, Dad started saving dimes in aluminum cigar tubes. He gave them to me as a graduation gift and it was about $110. It was a very generous gift. I remember I used it to pay for a drawing course at the art gallery. wanted.

Those little amounts do add up.

Unknown said...

$57.00? I could quit my job with that kind of cash.... ;)

Reverend Awesome said...

Take all that money and blow it all on hats.

Gallow said...

I'm glad you joined in on the challenge. It's been a lot of fun to see what different people post.

The Old Thumper is in the beer fridge in the back room.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. You are so clever and funny : ) I can't even take it : )

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You could take all your blogger friends out for happy hour at The Chapter House! :)

Anndi said...

I think I shall start my own change tin. Might be interesting. Recently, I gathered all the change that landed in the various jars and containers and it came out to just over 33 dollars. Ka-ching!

Anonymous said...

Someone deleted a variety of links from hellshare and mediafire ...

From now, we will use www.tinyurlalternative.com as our main [url=http://www.tinyurlalternative.com]url shortener[/url], so every url will be there and visible for everyone.

You can pick out from several great [url=http://kfc.ms]short url[/url] names like:

kfc.ms easysharelink.info jumpme.info megauploadlink.info megavideolink.info mygamelink.info myrapidsharelink.info mytorrentlink.info myurlshortener.com mywarezlink.info urlredirect.info urlshrinker.info weblinkshortener.com youtubelink.info and many others.

They include above 60 other ready domains and the [url=http://myurlshortener.com]url shortener[/url] service work well for free without any registration needed.

So we assume it is good idea and suggest you to use [url=http://urlredirect.info]url redirect[/url] service too!

Thank you.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.