Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, May 19, 2016
what was I THINKING?!
In 1993 I started growing a 'stache, which I wore for ten years (surprising the happy wife who had never said anything against it, but….).
I grew this thing because I was about to start teaching high school, and even though I was nearly 30, looked younger than the students. Plus I had loved Magnum PI when I was a kid. This pic was taken outside one of the dorms we lived in while teaching (it was a boarding school) and was posted in the yearbook…which I happened to be faculty advisor for. Petey is our little dog there, Jack the lab….this pic from 1996.
Feast your eyes on a couple of my pigs and planes, cute, eh?
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:36 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- every day should be...
- a day around the house with a BADASS snake...
- polar bears and poppies...
- the hail Mary pass in gardening...
- porridge with peanut butter and applesauce….
- ginger jars and Jessica Rabbit...
- the field trip...
- quick timeout for some CUTEness
- a beautiful world
- Shortchanging readers: falling down on the job?!
- feeling like a million dollars...
- what was I THINKING?!
- how did you trick her into THAT?
- getting there….
- mice-sized cats….and snow on May 15th…..
- mission control and going on a mission...
- PITA: more than a pain in the azz….
- the wee road trip...
- "you made vases that look like Jessica Rabbit"
- dragons and a wicked cool stash box...
- the paradigm shift...
- a BIG shift...
- c'mon SPRING gawdammit….
- a mixed bag….
- stop the world, I want to get off!
- dragons: fierce or cute????
- "visiting beagle photobombs studio pic…"
- getting off the fast track….
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Flying pigs! YES!!!
Is a mustache for men the 902 equivalent of big hair for women?
My brother in law had the big "stache" for many years, can't remember when he ditched it.
Post a Comment