Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, May 29, 2016
polar bears and poppies...
The wife is not crazy about orange, but because I like big and bright poppies, she grows some for me! And check out her columbine…..what a little sweetie.
I was dreaming last night that a polar bear came into our house (it is in the 90s here, we have no airco, and the dog likes to sleep at my side..you do the math…). In the dream it was cold and snowy, and he was curious about our living room. He was very cuddly at first, but rough, like one big friendly swipe of the paw could take off your head, so we needed to trick him OUT of the house….
anyway, all that and some new pots too!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:58 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- every day should be...
- a day around the house with a BADASS snake...
- polar bears and poppies...
- the hail Mary pass in gardening...
- porridge with peanut butter and applesauce….
- ginger jars and Jessica Rabbit...
- the field trip...
- quick timeout for some CUTEness
- a beautiful world
- Shortchanging readers: falling down on the job?!
- feeling like a million dollars...
- what was I THINKING?!
- how did you trick her into THAT?
- getting there….
- mice-sized cats….and snow on May 15th…..
- mission control and going on a mission...
- PITA: more than a pain in the azz….
- the wee road trip...
- "you made vases that look like Jessica Rabbit"
- dragons and a wicked cool stash box...
- the paradigm shift...
- a BIG shift...
- c'mon SPRING gawdammit….
- a mixed bag….
- stop the world, I want to get off!
- dragons: fierce or cute????
- "visiting beagle photobombs studio pic…"
- getting off the fast track….
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
A friend once gave me dried pods from poppy flowers. They make great stamps, I've used some for quite a few years.
I have not had any luck growing poppies here. But your pretty fenceline inspires me to try again.
We know Columbines as Grannys bonnets. Fab flower, very interesting shape. Wish it would hold better as a cut flower.
Ah spring. I love flowers. We have the california-style poppies out here. They were vibrant this spring.
Post a Comment