WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, May 22, 2016
Shortchanging readers: falling down on the job?!
This week I have let you down! I take photos of everything, right? But I have been so pottery obsessed I have forgotten to get pics of everything else, because I KNOW you are dying to see my every last boring task….
For example--a wrecked bike was left out front of our place a month or 2 ago…the sheriff was called, came over, and when asked if we could keep it if the owner didn't call said we could just keep it in the garage and they would call if an owner surfaced. An owner did NOT surface, and the "wreck" turned out to be an ugly duckling--I replaced the tires, tubes and seat, tuned up the brakes a bit, washed it, washed it AGAIN and holy CATS the bike is awesome. I could see under the grime and mess that the chain, shifters, frame, etc (the bones and mechanism of the bike) were all in great shape, and it is a Trek, so I figured it was worth the work (and money for new tires, etc). So, for very little cash and a very satisfying reclaim effort, the bike is nearly new and MINE! I should have gotten before, during and after photos, WHAT WAS I THINKING????????
And then yesterday we took it out for a long spin (one reason this bike is welcome is that the wife REALLY likes my bike, the previous one, so the new one keeps us all happy) and went to the museum at Cornell. HOLY CATS after we looked at the Rembrandts (yes, Rembrandts--special print show) we were wandering the basement a little and found the most extraordinary collection of juicy, sumptuous, delicious Korean celadon pots I had never seen there before….they have quite a few on the 5th floor, which I know, but now display more in the basement, and HO BOY that is my FAVORITE type of pot (see above) and you know I am making my own versions of them (see below)…but where was the camera???????????? Then walking out we passed the wonderful Japanese garden in full bloom and WHERE WAS THE GAWDAMN CAMERA?
I gotta get back into the game : Have a great day!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- every day should be...
- a day around the house with a BADASS snake...
- polar bears and poppies...
- the hail Mary pass in gardening...
- porridge with peanut butter and applesauce….
- ginger jars and Jessica Rabbit...
- the field trip...
- quick timeout for some CUTEness
- a beautiful world
- Shortchanging readers: falling down on the job?!
- feeling like a million dollars...
- what was I THINKING?!
- how did you trick her into THAT?
- getting there….
- mice-sized cats….and snow on May 15th…..
- mission control and going on a mission...
- PITA: more than a pain in the azz….
- the wee road trip...
- "you made vases that look like Jessica Rabbit"
- dragons and a wicked cool stash box...
- the paradigm shift...
- a BIG shift...
- c'mon SPRING gawdammit….
- a mixed bag….
- stop the world, I want to get off!
- dragons: fierce or cute????
- "visiting beagle photobombs studio pic…"
- getting off the fast track….
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)