Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 27, 2014
stuffed SHELLS not turkey: the vegetarian freak's Thanksgiving :)
I delight in horrifying the less open-minded relatives with our tradition-busting holiday meals... I am not interested in what is traditional or customary, I am a vegetarian punk....
SO, Spike and I baked stuffed shells for Thanksgiving...we celebrate on Thanksgiving eve because the wife is on the road all weekend while I attend to my open studio and a cat sitting job downtown. I think stuffed shells must be my favorite dish EVER. What I do is make a soy ricotta stuffing, then layer stuffed shells with sliced veggies then non-dairy cheese on top....the whole house smells of garlic all day OH my :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you, whatever kinky food choices YOU make!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:27 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- open studio, day 2!
- open studio Friday and Saturday!
- stuffed SHELLS not turkey: the vegetarian freak's...
- that pretty pumpkin pie nutmeg-cinnamon color.... ...
- MONSTER and child....
- a gracious and tidy life?
- wouldn't it be nice if.....?
- CRAZY CAT LADIES, when you go shopping, what do YO...
- no, we didn't get 6 feet snow here....
- teapot Tuesday and toads....
- mug shot Monday goes to the ...frogs....
- a little 0rgy of tastiness....
- Over the river and through the woods: looking Chr...
- a day in the life...with YOGI
- mug shot for throwback Thursday....
- an unexpected turn.....
- CURE for the blues: corgis and beagles!
- flower vases with flowers on them...
- green stuff, more of the white stuff (PESTO PIZZA!)
- white stuff....
- when dreams become reality
- arrrgh...searching for silver linings....
- quilting with qats
- post-game recap...
- topsy turvy...
- grand day out...
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Everything you make looks delicious. And it's Spike-approved!
What a wonderful sounding (and smelling I'm sure) meal. Thank you for being a joyful blogger in my life!
Stuffed shells are delicious! And not too different in the amount of prep, either :-)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Gary.
We are having a vegetarian Thanksgiving too. The turkeys are happy about it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
I LOVE stuffed shells and have made a vegan version, even though I am not vegan... delicious.
Sometimes I do shells at Christmas... now I have a craving for them. :-)
Post a Comment